Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Beat Navy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gereed75
Streak broken. Sung second. Party hearty. beerchug.gif good day cheer.gif

Happy for you and the rivalry!......friggin WOOPs
BeatNavy
Thanks, Gerry! smile.gif I guess the rivalry survives for another year, which really is good for all concerned. Navy will be back healthier, hungrier, and more pissed off than ever next year, which is just how it should be first.gif flag.gif
Ansbacher
Congrats ARMY! The squids are now in Davy Jones' locker.

Ansbacher
Formerly with - 1st Armored Division (Old Ironsides)
Tom_T
One of my nephews was class of 2011 at the Point, so he's happy, & my sone & a bunch of other nephews are/were Army, so they're all happy.
piratenanner.gif

Not an Annapolis grad myself, but I wanted to go there or OCS to be a Naval Aviator back in the 'Nam days, but they were winding down & were furloughing pilots by the time I graduated in `74, & I missed out. So I usually root Navy.

Either way - no matter what their records were leading up to "The Big Game" - it's always a great game & classic rivalry to watch for any football fan.

BTW - the Point's Knights also have a top ranked Rugby squad just about every year, & appear in the Collegiate Sevens Tourney in May, which is usually broadcast by NBC. So it's another shot to watch Army Lads in action!
Ruck on! icon_bump.gif

Congratz Army! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
gereed75
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Dec 11 2016, 12:14 PM) *

Thanks, Gerry! smile.gif I guess the rivalry survives for another year, which really is good for all concerned. Navy will be back healthier, hungrier, and more pissed off than ever next year, which is just how it should be first.gif flag.gif

Yes indeed, they will be back, and hopefully with a QB better suited to run the triple option. Enjoy for now and your bowl game!!

PS Tom - Navy has a really solid rugby club also and just built a dedicated rugby facility.

PSS - played in the Big Game twice myself...personal record....2 and 0 beerchug.gif
jfort
USNA 74 here. Streak had to end sometime and I am glad it finally did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.