Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silly 914 Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
How many 914's have a working trunk light..?? confused24.gif
zambezi
The lights have to be on for the trunk light to also be on, in case you didn't realize that. It will also be on the whole time the lights are on even when the trunk is closed.
Frankvw
My trunklight did not work, but after fixing my licenseplate-lights and instrument-light, it worked again as well as a bonus. So, yes, I have a working trunk light ! :-)
dlee6204
My trunk light not only works but I also added a second one on the passenger side of the car. I don't use it for the trunk as much but more for lighting in the engine bay. It's great when you break down at night... not that I do much of that. biggrin.gif
jor
A prior owner had painted over mine. After scraping the paint off, I found the light and I also found that it works. It took a few days for this slow poster to figure out that the trunk light was tied to the headlights .... doh!
SirAndy
QUOTE(zambezi @ Dec 11 2016, 08:16 PM) *
It will also be on the whole time the lights are on even when the trunk is closed.

agree.gif
forrestkhaag
Mine works and feeds an even bigger engine bay light necessary for midnight to 6am roadside pullovers for strange engine noise investigations and/or the occasional reattachment of the oil filler cap or dipstick, or to dislodge a screwdriver from between the engine tin and the rubber seal, or to alleviate vibrations due to a stray spark plug riding around the ferris wheel of the fan......

Or yeah, and to illuminate and get the warmed tinfoil wrapped food that cooked at 90 (and I don't mean degrees) to a perfection between Flagstaff and Tucumcari............ av-943.gif
flmont
Thanks Zambezi,...I did NOT know that,..But I shall ck it out tonight,...FM
pete000
Mine works on both my 914's
mark04usa
My trunk light hasn't worked in 40 years. I should add that to list of things to fix, but it will probably stay at the bottem of the list for a while, since the bulb is not at fault. smile.gif
Coondog
Mine works, but interior light doesn't..... mad.gif
DRPHIL914
mine works, has since I took ownership of the car.
Shadowfax
Mine works too.
whitetwinturbo
............this question infers one can open their trunk blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.