Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HSR Sebring 914-6 Video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete000
Nice when the Brumos 59 looses it and the 914 slips by !
krazykonrad
Nice! That video made my day. Its amazing to see how much more speed a 914 can carry into a corner vs. even a very well prepped 911. beerchug.gif

Konrad
76-914
Sweet Music. Thx for posting that!
Rsjg911
A few observations...

914s could always benefit from more cubic inches, Hense the difficulty keeping up on the straights.

Watching the lapped cars in the rear view mirror was cool.

Reminded me of my wife going to the grocery store on a beer run at Steelers half time!
Steve
The car is listed as a 2.7 liter 4 banger? Awesome video though!! Thanks for sharing!!
flyer86d
That was great! I'm surprised that the 911 stayed ahead for so long. It was well driven. 914's turn in so much better and stick better. Well driven also.

Charlie
buz914
I believe it is a 2.4 liter /6

Buz
Steve
At the end of the video it lists it as a 2.7 liter 4 banger, but it sure sounds like a six to me.
Click to view attachment
ablesnead
I have driven both of those vintage's of Porsche at Sebring...what a great video...I know that this is a 914 site , and that it is a favored car here , but it is incorrect to think a 914 has better turn in than a properly prepared 911..often a 914's more neutral balance offers an advantage in a corner , but on many corners , the ability to oversteer at will , in a 911, lets you power out quicker...the entrance to the short course straight in this video , on a few laps.....that's for those memories T C
raynekat
Brady is the owner of the 901 Shop and is an accomplished racer.
He races regularly in the Grand Am series.
So he's a pro and you can see it by his driving.
Never a mistake, always on the correct line through the corners, great late braking and downshifts....
So forget the better turn-in over the 911.
Brady's simply a much better driver than either the person in the Mustang (duh) or the Carrera.
I read this psychedelic 914 is powered by a 2.5 liter 6 cylinder engine....not the 2.7 liter 4 banger as listed on the video.

A great and fun video that I'll be watching many times in the near future.
Rand
Can someone set the record definitively straight on the engine? 4, 6, 2.4, 2.5, 2.7 wacko.gif
raynekat
Per 901 Shop's Facebook page; looks like it's a 2.5 to me:

901 Shop Racing shared Peter Krause's post.
September 19 ·
My Boss, Brady, hard at work as usual...at Road Atlanta!!

‎Peter Krause‎ to 901 Shop Racing
September 19 · Durham, NC ·
Great lap in the Vintage/Classic GT Enduro at the Historic Sportscar Racing event at Road Atlanta by 901 Shop Racing principal, Brady Refenning. Brady co-drove with car owner, Jerry Peters, and both won the Vintage Enduro in Jerry's wonderful psychedelic 2.5-liter 914-6, a fan favorite!

BRady Fast Lap 9146 2 5 liter
https://youtu.be/UobRccbIe7U
YOUTU.BE
LikeShow more reactionsComment
brant
The two motor sizes accepted by most vintage racing are based on period rules when 914s were racing in the day

2.0 in scca
2.5 in fia and imsa
Jetsetsurfshop
I'd love to know more about the transmission/shifter set up. He's dropping down to second gear in turn 7 and 10. Thats third for me and I'm going slower.
The shifter seems really precise too. WTF.gif
I love how he filled the mirrors of that Mustang. You know he was driving his mirrors!
Nice laps, thats for sharing TC. driving.gif
zambezi
Yes that mustang was definitely over driving the car. The 911 was doing good but it seemed that as the laps added up his tires were losing grip or something because his cornering was getting sloppier. Awesome video, thanks for sharing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.