Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 1.7 $5,500 & drive it home!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
RazorbackFan78
Gentlemen - If I thought I had the time or money to continue working on this car I would keep it. But the last 2 years of IVF procedures have finally paid off and my wife and I are 15wks pregnant with IDENTICAL TWINS! So now it's time to sell some toys and payoff the voodoo doctors.

Anyway here's the scoop:
Bought it 4 years ago and I've invested roughly $4k into it with 90% of that work being completed by our very own celebrity mechanic Curt 'The CabinetMaker' Curtis! Details are below. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or would like a specific picture.

Slideshow Pictures <CLICK HERE>

Video of Start/Idle/Walkaround <CLICK HERE>

Latest Pics from 12/31 <CLICK HERE>

-Complete engine rebuild with <100 miles on it - she's fiesty now!
-No leaks
-Pertronix Electronic Ignition
-All tin was blasted and repainted hi-temp
-Hellhole cutout and replaced
-Clutch wire tube reinforced at firewall
-Steelies Powder Coated last year
-Rear Brakes are PMB Rebuilt with <100 miles and Stainless Steel lines
-New upholstery on seats and backpad
-Fresh rubber on clutch, brake & gas pedals
-New rear window seal and butyl tape
-Sony Bluetooth Stereo w/ Infinity Tweeters In Doors
-EDIT: Stainless Steel Fuel Lines and the tank was pulled, tumbled & flushed

Additional parts/materials included but not installed:
-New Black Perlon Carpet Kit from 914rubber (edgebound and grommets)
-Rear Bearings (currently in the freezer)
-New TPS Board
-Upgraded speaker pods with 6" Infinity Kappa Speakers
-Kicker Hideway 8" Subwoofer
-Porsche Brake Reflector

Work in Progress Items:
This summer I had removed all the tar and sealant from the floorpans and discovered three minor holes where the pans connect below the door and rear firewall. I could go ahead and patch it, seal it soundproof etc and put the new carpet in but I've decided to let the next owner finish that out on their own. But's structurally safe and i'd drive it anywhere as-is.

Next on my list would've been to replace all the rubber seals surrounding windows, windshield and targa. It's fine as-is but I wouldn't drive it in the rain...which most of you don't anyway.

That's it in a nutshell. I feel like most of the hard work and "typical 914" repairs and upgrades have been done. All it needs now is a bit of rubber, some minor body work and paint to be a great car for years to come!!!

Thanks for looking!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
mobymutt
Congrats, and welcome to the identical twin world! Ours are 7 years old already, time flies.

Looks like a great car, GLWTS!
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(mobymutt @ Dec 13 2016, 12:47 PM) *

Congrats, and welcome to the identical twin world! Ours are 7 years old already, time flies.

Looks like a great car, GLWTS!

Congrats on the twins . . . oh boy, hang on . .. our grandsons turned 16 this year, yes identical at least they look that way, but they're called mirror twins. Complete opposites. What a joy . . .
piratenanner.gif
iwanta914-6
Congrats! I have identical twin girls (mirror image as well actually) that are turning 8 next week so I can understand the need to part with your 914.

I've been wanting to buy one for a long while now and this would be exactly what I would be looking for. But, I know I just cannot justify it...

I'm sure this won't last long at that price!
billh1963
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Dec 13 2016, 03:28 PM) *

Congrats! I have identical twin girls (mirror image as well actually) that are turning 8 next week so I can understand the need to part with your 914.

I've been wanting to buy one for a long while now and this would be exactly what I would be looking for. But, I know I just cannot justify it...

I was thinking of you when I read this ad earlier....this would be the perfect car for you to move from a dreamer to an owner.

Rebuilt engine..check!

Minimal Rust...check!

Desirable year...check!

Great color...check!

You only live once. Go for it!
N_Jay
a 1.7 little brother to my 2.0 (that started life the same color).

Are you guys trying to get me divorced?

EDIT: And congrats!
My wife's little brother and sister were twins.
That was in the day before ultrasound and the way they were stacked the DR only hear one heartbeat.
They were getting ready for one big baby and ended up with "surprise" twins.
Cairo94507
Congratulations - I am a identical "mirror" twin too. Love my brother and we are very close. See each other couple times a week. He is a car freak too. biggrin.gif
rjames
Congrats on the additions! That's fantastic news. beer.gif

Car looks great and seems priced to move quickly. Some pictures of the usual places will help with the sale.

Best of luck!
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 13 2016, 02:48 PM) *

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Dec 13 2016, 03:28 PM) *

I was thinking of you when I read this ad earlier....this would be the perfect car for you to move from a dreamer to an owner.

Rebuilt engine..check!

Minimal Rust...check!

Desirable year...check!

Great color...check!

You only live once. Go for it!

Trust me, it's tempting! This time of year is so stressful though with Wife's Bday, kids' bday, Mother in law's 60th bday, Christmas, etc...
RazorbackFan78
Hey guys I'm trying to figure out the best way to load all the pictures directly into the post but each one is 1MB-3MB and it looks like the "add attachment" option only lets me click on and load on pic at a time. We'd be her for days if i have to shrink 40 pics and load them each individually smile.gif

I've added a "CLICK HER" to the links in the original post which takes you to all the pics. Maybe it wasn't as noticeable before.

EDIT: I just finished copying and pasting 40+ IMG URL's into my original post but when I clicked save-edit the site told me I exceeded the number of pictures i'm allowed for one post. Good grief. Sorry guys, you'll just have to use that finger to click on the links above.
iankarr
iwanta.... this is the universe's way of telling you it's time to jump in. Just do it. You'll find a way to make it work, I promise. And, at this price, there's no chance you'll lose any money. Better and safer investment to put 5,500 into this than your 401k! And, you get the added benefit of enjoying your investment every day.
billh1963
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Dec 14 2016, 03:41 PM) *

iwanta.... this is the universe's way of telling you it's time to jump in. Just do it. You'll find a way to make it work, I promise. And, at this price, there's no chance you'll lose any money. Better and safer investment to put 5,500 into this than your 401k! And, you get the added benefit of enjoying your investment every day.

Yes..I agree and that's what I'm trying to tell him. I can't ever envision a time where a birthday causes "stress" and keeps me from buying a car.

Not having a birthday would be more stressful. lol-2.gif

Please buy this before I do. I need another Porsche at home like I need another hole in my head rolleyes.gif
billh1963
And...what's eve more tempting is the original color is L96M....Marathon Blue...my FAVORITE 914 color!
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 14 2016, 03:09 PM) *

Yes..I agree and that's what I'm trying to tell him. I can't ever envision a time where a birthday causes "stress" and keeps me from buying a car.

Not having a birthday would be more stressful. lol-2.gif

The "stress" associated with all of the birthdays AND Christmas is all of the money flowing out of my pockets leaving nothing for myself and my Porsche dream biggrin.gif

Now stop with the peer pressure, LOL.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Dec 14 2016, 02:41 PM) *

Better and safer investment to put 5,500 into this than your 401k! And, you get the added benefit of enjoying your investment every day.

If I could convince my financial adviser of this... idea.gif
jbyron
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Dec 14 2016, 04:12 PM) *

Better and safer investment to put 5,500 into this than your 401k! And, you get the added benefit of enjoying your investment every day.

As a veteran financial advisor, you have my blessing santa_smiley.gif
N_Jay
QUOTE(jbyron @ Dec 14 2016, 05:30 PM) *

As a veteran financial advisor, you have my blessing santa_smiley.gif

Just how do I put it in my IRA?
rfuerst911sc
Man I wish you were closer I'd take that off your hands . Anyone know a cheap way to get it from AR to GA ? I have no time for a road trip . Good luck with the sale .
Mueller
Someone say twins? smile.gif

Good luck on selling the car, hopefully once things settle down a bit with them you can get another one. I was 914less for 7 years and got this last year.

Don't be shy and ask for twins discount, I could have sworn we got a discount as some baby and kids places.

IPB Image
RazorbackFan78
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 14 2016, 03:28 PM) *

And...what's eve more tempting is the original color is L96M....Marathon Blue...my FAVORITE 914 color!

Bill I hear ya on the L96M. This pic right HERE is what convinced I would take it back to the original Marathon Blue Metallic if I ever made it into the paint booth.
RazorbackFan78
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 14 2016, 05:51 PM) *

Someone say twins? smile.gif

Good luck on selling the car, hopefully once things settle down a bit with them you can get another one. I was 914less for 7 years and got this last year.

Don't be shy and ask for twins discount, I could have sworn we got a discount as some baby and kids places.

IPB Image

Maybe someday I will be back in the seat of my own 914...heck I had a 2.0 in my early 20's which i regretted selling so maybe the third time will be a charm beerchug.gif Oh and my wife says get those girls a basketball hoop because they look T-A-L-L!
iankarr
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Dec 14 2016, 05:12 PM) *

If your financial advisor won't acknowledge a great value and asset...or the importance of a very inexpensive investment you can actually enjoy every day...you should find a new advisor. Especially if he/she is paid by commission. Serious conflict of interest wink.gif.
euro911
For years, my wife had a hard time 'seeing' the investment aspect of the old Porsches I had stored away - until she saw what I was selling them for. They've done better than a lot of Wall Street investments cool_shades.gif

This looks like a very good financial investment, as well as a fun place to park your $.
taylordm@att.net
Is this car still available?

QUOTE(RazorbackFan78 @ Dec 13 2016, 12:27 PM) *

Gentlemen - If I thought I had the time or money to continue working on this car I would keep it. But the last 2 years of IVF procedures have finally paid off and my wife and I are 15wks pregnant with IDENTICAL TWINS! So now it's time to sell some toys and payoff the voodoo doctors.

Anyway here's the scoop:
Bought it 4 years ago and I've invested roughly $4k into it with 90% of that work being completed by our very own celebrity mechanic Curt 'The CabinetMaker' Curtis! Details are below. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or would like a specific picture.

Slideshow Pictures <CLICK HERE>

Video of Start/Idle/Walkaround <CLICK HERE>

Latest Pics from 12/31 <CLICK HERE>

-Complete engine rebuild with <100 miles on it - she's fiesty now!
-No leaks
-Pertronix Electronic Ignition
-All tin was blasted and repainted hi-temp
-Hellhole cutout and replaced
-Clutch wire tube reinforced at firewall
-Steelies Powder Coated last year
-Rear Brakes are PMB Rebuilt with <100 miles and Stainless Steel lines
-New upholstery on seats and backpad
-Fresh rubber on clutch, brake & gas pedals
-New rear window seal and butyl tape
-Sony Bluetooth Stereo w/ Infinity Tweeters In Doors
-EDIT: Stainless Steel Fuel Lines and the tank was pulled, tumbled & flushed

Additional parts/materials included but not installed:
-New Black Perlon Carpet Kit from 914rubber (edgebound and grommets)
-Rear Bearings (currently in the freezer)
-New TPS Board
-Upgraded speaker pods with 6" Infinity Kappa Speakers
-Kicker Hideway 8" Subwoofer
-Porsche Brake Reflector

Work in Progress Items:
This summer I had removed all the tar and sealant from the floorpans and discovered three minor holes where the pans connect below the door and rear firewall. I could go ahead and patch it, seal it soundproof etc and put the new carpet in but I've decided to let the next owner finish that out on their own. But's structurally safe and i'd drive it anywhere as-is.

Next on my list would've been to replace all the rubber seals surrounding windows, windshield and targa. It's fine as-is but I wouldn't drive it in the rain...which most of you don't anyway.

That's it in a nutshell. I feel like most of the hard work and "typical 914" repairs and upgrades have been done. All it needs now is a bit of rubber, some minor body work and paint to be a great car for years to come!!!

Thanks for looking!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

RazorbackFan78
Yes it's still available. Let me know if you have any questions.
-Matt

[quote name='taylordm@att.net' date='Jan 4 2017, 09:16 AM' post='2440687']

taylordm@att.net
Is it still fuel injected, how are the heat exchangers?

[quote name='RazorbackFan78' date='Jan 4 2017, 10:42 AM' post='2440693']
Yes it's still available. Let me know if you have any questions.
-Matt

[quote name='taylordm@att.net' date='Jan 4 2017, 09:16 AM' post='2440687']
[/quote]
RazorbackFan78
Yes it's still fuel injected. Here are two pictures of the Heat exchangers.

IPB Image

IPB Image

[quote name='taylordm@att.net' date='Jan 4 2017, 09:49 AM' post='2440694']
Is it still fuel injected, how are the heat exchangers
taylordm@att.net
The exchangers do look pretty good. So there is heat? This car would need to go to KC Missouri, is it up for that trip?

[quote name='RazorbackFan78' date='Jan 4 2017, 11:40 AM' post='2440710']
Yes it's still fuel injected. Here are two pictures of the Heat exchangers.

IPB Image

IPB Image

[quote name='taylordm@att.net' date='Jan 4 2017, 09:49 AM' post='2440694']
Is it still fuel injected, how are the heat exchangers
[/quote]
BuddyV
Message sent.
RazorbackFan78
**SOLD, PENDING PAYMENT**

Robert "BuddyV" is second in line
Shadowfax
Looks like someone got a heckuva deal!
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Jan 5 2017, 11:42 PM) *

Looks like someone got a heckuva deal!

agree.gif Looks like a really GOOD BUY!
toys4tj
Just wondering if this sale has went thru?

Please advise.
RazorbackFan78
Payment is still in-process and the buyer is aware I will cut him loose if 100% of funds are not cleared by this Thursday night. At that point I'll sell it to the next person in line and payment will be due in 24hrs. Nothing personal but I've simply run out of "nice guy" time to sell this car.

QUOTE(toys4tj @ Jan 10 2017, 01:48 PM) *

Just wondering if this sale has went thru?

Please advise.
iankarr
I highly recommend escrow.com. The buyer deposits the funds with them and it's released to the seller only after the car is picked up. There's no downside to a buyer to place the money in escrow. So...it's a great litmus test. If the buyer is unwilling or unable to fund an escrow account immediately after the deal is done, you've got a pretty good indication that the deal will be difficult to close.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(RazorbackFan78 @ Jan 10 2017, 03:41 PM) *

Payment is still in-process and the buyer is aware I will cut him loose if 100% of funds are not cleared by this Thursday night. At that point I'll sell it to the next person in line and payment will be due in 24hrs. Nothing personal but I've simply run out of "nice guy" time to sell this car.

So did the buyer come through? Just curious.
Highland
Sorry to get of the subject of this sale but since escrow.com was mentioned; how is title usually transferred.

Is it shipped signed with the car, mailed separately, or does the buyer take the title when he/she sees the car for a deposit?

Oh, is this car still for sale?
RazorbackFan78
Full Payment is already in escrow. Buyer's car hauler service should be picking up the car this week.
Lucky 914
Is this Amazing car still for sale so let me Know?
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Lucky 914 @ Jan 24 2017, 03:13 PM) *

Is this Amazing car still for sale so let me Know?

Post above says it was paid for and is being picked up this week, so I think the answer would be no.

Another car I will regret not buying when I had the chance, lol. I must love to regret, ha!
billh1963
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Jan 24 2017, 04:16 PM) *

Another car I will regret not buying when I had the chance, lol. I must love to regret, ha!

I have quit commenting.... lol-2.gif
RazorbackFan78
She got loaded last night! Sad day. I went ahead and warned the new owner about you guys and this wonderful group of crazies! Go easy on him if he becomes a member :-) his name is Tom and he lives in New York.

IPB Image
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 25 2017, 06:44 AM) *

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Jan 24 2017, 04:16 PM) *

I have quit commenting.... lol-2.gif

Awe, nobody likes a quitter! av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.