Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window adjustments
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
North Coast Jim
Replaced all the rubber on the car with Mikey's 914 Rubber components. Car is a '74 2 liter with late doors. After assembling all the rubber and door components I can't seem to get the window adjusted to keep the top rear from impinging with the Targa seal. It sticks and needs me to push to get it started. Working with the Haynes manual and have taken all the adjustments I can. I see that there is a bit of space in the triangular window, at the top, that if removed should allow the needed gap for the wind up window. It's winter here and even though my garage is heated I can't seem to move the seals on the triangle window. Do I have to wait until the heat of summer to soften up the seals to get them to move the distance required ?? I've attached a couple of pics but don't know if they show the gap in sufficient detail. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
window adj is on the bottom front of the door. p205 fig 10.42 of your haynes for details.
Mikey914
This may be of help post 21 has manual pics

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...window+seal+B.B
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 14 2016, 02:03 AM) *

This may be of help post 21 has manual pics

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...window+seal+B.B

Thanks Mikey I knew there was a thread out there somewhere. I think my issue is that I have not controlled the triangle window location properly allowing it to ride up the seal/track when I installed it into the door. Evidence that the top molded piece with the two screws holding it does not fit well - it's raised in relation to the top of the chrome window guide. Need to tear it back down to that point and use your method of wrapping tape to control it's location. Doing it by hand WILL NOT locate it properly. Well off to the garage ......................... evilgrin.gif
rgalla9146
Did you remove the aluminum holder that attaches to the windshield column ?
It looks a bit raised off the column surface and protruding toward the roof, possibly causing interference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.