Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no more oil leak!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
red914
first, let me thank everyone who offered advice concerning my late oil leak, especially Gerard (3rd914), and Kevin (Rhodyguy). you helped with my understanding of how this crazy little 1.7 liters of fury works!

anyway, i invite Dino (dinomium) over to the house to help paint my living room ceiling. i bribe him with beer and food. he comes over and, after thinking a bit about the oil leak (he was probably sick and tired of me whining about it), he suggests disconnecting the breather pipe and covering it with a little air filter lookiing thingie. guess what? no more leak! apparantly i was pressurizing my crankcase. now to find some ways to route the vent tubes to the little teeny carbs, and all will be good.

Dino is, like, some sort of 914 whisperer or something...
red914
needless to say, no oil leak makes driving to and from work with the top off, in the sun, more fun than usual. driving.gif WOOHOO!!
dinomium
Shane, you are welcome, you forgot that I made you throw in a sandwich in the deal! BTW, the oil companys dont need to drill, just a boom and a skimmer and you could put all three of your kids thru college! State, but nc2a anyway!
happy11.gif
Root_Werks
Sounds like a meeting of the minds? biggrin.gif

Wife and I took the little orange car out yesterday. It is only the 3-4th time I have driven it since the six was put in. A few miles down the road I smelled fuel. Turned out to be a loose hose clamp after the pressure regulator. Wierd huh? Funny, last time I drove the 914, I put over 100 miles on it, no leak. Yesterday it was spraying out the hose, SPRAYING! ohmy.gif I swear 914's just want to die or something? laugh.gif If you fix all the rust, then they try to blow themselves up! cool.gif laugh.gif
red914
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Apr 27 2005, 06:06 AM)
Sounds like a meeting of the minds? biggrin.gif

only if Dino brought an extra one! like winnie the pooh, a bear of very little brain...

you are right, though Dan, it takes care and effort to keep them alive. but oh, is it worth it!

right? huh.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (red914 @ Apr 27 2005, 06:56 AM)
right? huh.gif

laugh.gif unsure.gif screwy.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.