Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front trunk screw missing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
jesse7flying
OK, so this is kind of a weird one. When I got my '71 914 recently, the little screw that holds the lock tumbler in the front trunk T-handle was missing. Anyone know what size that little bugger is? The PET doesn't break it down that far, but I assume it is something like a M1 screw. Thanks.
Jesse
SirAndy
QUOTE(jesse7flying @ Dec 13 2016, 06:01 PM) *
OK, so this is kind of a weird one. When I got my '71 914 recently, the little screw that holds the lock tumbler in the front trunk T-handle was missing. Anyone know what size that little bugger is? The PET doesn't break it down that far, but I assume it is something like a M1 screw.

That one is indeed tiny, no idea about the actual size.
idea.gif
jesse7flying
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 14 2016, 12:11 PM) *

OK, so this is kind of a weird one. When I got my '71 914 recently, the little screw that holds the lock tumbler in the front trunk T-handle was missing. Anyone know what size that little bugger is? The PET doesn't break it down that far, but I assume it is something like a M1 screw.

idea.gif

well I can't believe it, but I actually found the missing screw under a bunch of crap on the floorpan. I probably could have made something work, but it's so much better to have found it. Thanks to all.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jesse7flying @ Dec 14 2016, 12:31 PM) *
well I can't believe it, but I actually found the missing screw under a bunch of crap on the floorpan.

smilie_pokal.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(jesse7flying @ Dec 14 2016, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 14 2016, 12:11 PM) *

idea.gif

well I can't believe it, but I actually found the missing screw under a bunch of crap on the floorpan. I probably could have made something work, but it's so much better to have found it. Thanks to all.

I just saw this thread and immediately thought....'don't vacuum that car !'
Well done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.