Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru Transmission Block Off Plates and Hydraulic Clutch Mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rnellums
I'm going to put another order in for some block off plates for the Subaru transmission conversions. It's a simple 1/8" laser cut aluminum plate with the holes in the right places. I will be putting in the order Monday, to take payment once they ship.
mepstein
Killer price. If I didn't have one already I'd be sending you money.
rnellums
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 15 2016, 06:39 PM) *

Killer price. If I didn't have one already I'd be sending you money.

Thanks for the compliment!
turnaround89
Ill take one!!!!! Let me know when you need payment.
BigFour1973
I'll take one. Please keep me posted on the cable shifter plate please.
JRust
Yes I am in for one! Thanks Ross
mgp4591
I'll take one too - I'll eventually go to a manual because it's a sports car... and I can only be shiftless for so long.
Do you have any plans to market the clutch master bracket? Those look pretty trick!
rnellums
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 16 2016, 03:47 AM) *

I'll take one too - I'll eventually go to a manual because it's a sports car... and I can only be shiftless for so long.
Do you have any plans to market the clutch master bracket? Those look pretty trick!

I want to make sure the clutch brackets work as intended before I left them loose. But yes, probably here in a bit.
jd74914
Like I said in PM, I'm in for one too! Thanks Ross!
jimkelly
i'll take one please smile.gif
rnellums
These were sent to the cutters last week, I'm hoping to hear back about them now that Christmas has past!

I also took some time to work on the next component, borrowing heavily from DBCooper!
Chris H.
Great idea. Love it. That will be very sturdy and make it easy to adjust the cables. Another thought for you...reasonably priced trans level indicator (see-thru glass or plexi). You could put it in the block off plate or make one similar to the SubaruGears one. Block-off plate location would be more accurate and easier to read (and cheaper for us CSOBs).

Maybe thread it to fit one of these at the correct level:

Site glass bolt
rnellums
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Dec 27 2016, 10:15 AM) *

Great idea. Love it. That will be very sturdy and make it easy to adjust the cables. Another thought for you...reasonably priced trans level indicator (see-thru glass or plexi). You could put it in the block off plate or make one similar to the SubaruGears one. Block-off plate location would be more accurate and easier to read (and cheaper for us CSOBs).

Maybe thread it to fit one of these at the correct level:

Site glass bolt

I like the idea of a sight glass! But why not just use the dipstick?
Chris H.
Because the level is not accurate sometimes with the dipstick since the trans is pointing slightly downward in the stock Subaru setup. Many conversion people have theirs level or tail end just a bit up like a 914's. In those cases you need more oil than the stick would indicate to cover the uphill section since it's calibrated for stock. If there's not enough gear oil it can cause a whine and premature wear of the higher gears. Mostly it's just that you wouldn't have to worry about it. Is there too much? Not enough? Is it dirty? Should I change it? Probably fine 99% of the time but for what...$25 extra you could see the level? I'd have that.
rnellums
Finally got the endplates back. I also made a few more of the hydraulic clutch mounts, and the first prototype of a shifter cable bracket.

mgp4591
I like where this is going... beerchug.gif popcorn[1].gif
turnaround89
Sign me up for the hydraulic clutch mount as well as the backing plate. What kind of master cylinder is that for the clutch?
turbonet
Any block off plates available still??
rnellums
QUOTE(turbonet @ Jan 17 2017, 10:53 PM) *

Any block off plates available still??

Yeah, I have 4 block off plates left and three of the clutch master brackets I think.
jd74914
How much are the clutch master brackets Ross? I'd be in for one pending price.
turnaround89
Pm sent about block off plate and clutch bracket
rnellums
Looks Like I ran out of the clutch master cylinder brackets. Need to put in another order for some more!
turbonet
I'll take a block off plate.
turnaround89
Do you accept PayPal?
rnellums
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jan 19 2017, 07:05 PM) *

Do you accept PayPal?

I do! Just prefer not to take payment until the parts are ready to ship!
turnaround89
Awesome. I was a little worried since you hadn't replied to my pms. Can't wait for the parts to be ready. Let me know when you want me to send payment. Thanks again.
rnellums
I just had another run of these (~10 each) made if anyone is interested!
Costa05
How did the prototype for the cable shifter bracket work out. Any pics avail?
turnaround89
Can I get a hydraulic clutch mount?
rnellums
QUOTE(Costa05 @ Dec 3 2017, 06:33 PM) *

How did the prototype for the cable shifter bracket work out. Any pics avail?

It came out ok. Its currently being used, but had to be pretty heavily modified along the way to get the throw right. The Coldwater setup is really pretty well thought out and put together (what I currently run on Apollo). My prototype works, but still need more polishing before its ready.

QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Dec 4 2017, 09:05 PM) *

Can I get a hydraulic clutch mount?

PM sent
Amenson
I just tried mocking this up using several different Tilton and Wilwood master cylinders I have and the bolt spacing and center hole size id different.

Which master cylinder is intended to be used with this plate?
rnellums
QUOTE(Amenson @ Dec 28 2017, 12:27 PM) *

I just tried mocking this up using several different Tilton and Wilwood master cylinders I have and the bolt spacing and center hole size id different.

Which master cylinder is intended to be used with this plate?

Its a Honda MC 5/8", 1993-2000 civic.

Original pioneering work done by Kent and Chris Here starting at post #499
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...1776&st=480

The process if pretty well illustrated in Ray's thread here, starting around post #111
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...20569&st=90

Pictures of my install here, Starting at post 15:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...300932&st=0

I drilled a small hole for the front of the master cylinder to pass through (and sealed it with a rubber grommet from Ace). Seems like I may need to do a more fully illustrated write up. Maybe next week once I get home I can put the car up and do more of a walk through.
JRust
I need the MC conversion plate. You still have some?
brettrarnold
I think one would work with what i have planned. I want one.

-Brett
nnowa07
Still making block off plates? I'm joining the EZ30 crew, and need all the goodies. smile.gif
rnellums
QUOTE(nnowa07 @ Jul 31 2019, 07:47 PM) *

Still making block off plates? I'm joining the EZ30 crew, and need all the goodies. smile.gif

Not making them, but I still have a stock left over. Only problem
Is I’m bad at shipping them out biggrin.gif
nnowa07
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jul 31 2019, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(nnowa07 @ Jul 31 2019, 07:47 PM) *

Not making them, but I still have a stock left over. Only problem
Is I’m bad at shipping them out biggrin.gif

PM sent!
brettrarnold
Hey Ross can I get one of each?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.