Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hatch Plot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
forrestkhaag
As interest just went up last week, I am wondering if there is interest in my production of 914-6GT engine firewall hatch covers. The covers will be made to exact shape of the firewall area that it covers. Each "kit" would include a hand laid carbon fiber or fiberglass hatch cover, a template for cutting the access hole in the firewall, 8 6M rivnuts, and detailed instructions on process.

This modification would allow access to the 911 dizzy, fan belt, timing marks on the pulley, etc. If you are approaching 70,(and I don't mean miles per hour). this is for you.

Further, your stock backpad will remain fully useable if so desired. Any interest out there?

mb911
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Dec 17 2016, 10:15 AM) *

As interest just went up last week, I am wondering if there is interest in my production of 914-6GT engine firewall hatch covers. The covers will be made to exact shape of the firewall area that it covers. Each "kit" would include a hand laid carbon fiber or fiberglass hatch cover, a template for cutting the access hole in the firewall, 8 6M rivnuts, and detailed instructions on process.

This modification would allow access to the 911 dizzy, fan belt, timing marks on the pulley, etc. If you are approaching 70,(and I don't mean miles per hour). this is for you.

Further, your stock backpad will remain fully useable if so desired. Any interest out there?

I might be..
euro911
Looks intriguing ... do you have a ballpark market price? ... better yet, a GB price? poke.gif
whatabout1
Interested. Depending on price.
jim_hoyland
Nice cut out ! What did you use to cut the hole ?
BeemerSteve
I might be interested. What would be the benefit from this modification?
ablesnead
I would be a buyer ..dependent on price ....
PanelBilly
Another interested party, but I'm not 70!
forrestkhaag
Hey Pannel: There is an age restriction on this purchase. Unfortunately, like fine whine, you apparently are not aged sufficiently to appreciate this very cool addition to any 6 Mod. poke.gif

As to benefits ( which we aged folks are all about.... poke.gif ) there are many. A few include ease of access for removing lost bifocals lodged in the fan, removal of the belt to dislodge ones Armini Christmas tie, access to the distributor to insert the new rotor (or simply a rotor) under the cap that, in old age, one forgets to insert upon tuneup, and then there is always the most important advantage of the hatch in the driver's compartment: To fully appreciate what a well tuned 6 sounds like at 6K sucking copious gobs of fuel down tripple webers.

Pricing to follow after i get my mold plotted and set up, mold release and glass purchased, resin purchased, vacuum box made, rubber gloves and mask with new filters in tow, and a resonable gauge of production time involved..... In other words, these will be really cheap and probably produce in ten minutes or less\\\

depending on price poke.gif beerchug.gif

Oh, and Jim..: I used a slicer wheel on my air tool to cut the opening then perfected the edges with a sanding wheel on my (now burned out) Makita... sheeplove.gif
tweet
"Armini Christmas tie"

Is that a Chinese version of Armani?

laugh.gif
porbmw
Am interested....
Thanks
Paul
forrestkhaag
Dan: Its the little (mini) one Trump supplies............. sheeplove.gif
forrestkhaag
So six or more interested if priced right. I will make a prototype and see what is involved then throw a price at it and see if it sells.

Now,... I don't want all three thousand four-hundred and forty two of you 914World guys getting together and boycotting the initial sale, OK? av-943.gif

tweet
Okay, I won't boycott, if you throw in the Italian villa in the background and a Trump Armini tie.

lol-2.gif

He's official by the way.
infraredcalvin
I'm interested...
housepumpinpc
Do it. Do it. Do it... I like, minus the Armini tie. piratenanner.gif
barefoot
I would not make the cover from a non-fireproof material, it is after all a firewall
colingreene
Forrest is that what your car looks like these days?
Its looking really good....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.