Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 for FREE in CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
A buddy of mine is good friends with the owners of a Porsche mechanic shop. They have a 76 2.0L that has been sitting for a while and want to get rid of it. They told my friend that he could have it for free. I'm going with him tomarrow to check it out and to see if its worth restoring, selling or parting out. It's the undesirable year but if its good condition than I'm sure he can sell it for a decent price. I'll report back tomarrow with details.

Sorry for getting your hopes up with the title biggrin.gif
Brando
Should we start making a want list? laugh.gif
Verruckt
Shhhh....

Don't tell CptTripps lol2.gif
jgiroux67
Just got back from checkin it out.
The had been sitting at this shop for about 8 years under a cover. Im not too knowledged on the difference between 75 and 76 so I dont know which it was. The owner of the shop said it was a 77 so I figured 76.

The car was in pretty good condition. It had 2.0L fuchs on it, black and polished. It had a 911 reflector on it already and porsche hood badge in front. The interior was in realy good condition. The seats and back pad were in good condition. There was only was crack and that was on the left of the drivers seat at the seam. The rear targa bar only had one crack and the dash had a form fitting cover on it so I couldnt tell the condtion.

I didnt have access to the longs so I coudlnt tell the condition there. The battery tray was rusted through in one spot. I couldnt get a real good look down below at the hell hole, but from what I saw there were no holes and it appeared to be only surface rust. I assume it was much worse than it appeared though cause theres no way that my friend is this lucky.
The paint wasnt bad and it was the original black color. It had some gay lookin purple and green striping on the side. All in all it looked like a pretty good car, but would need some work to fix up. Defanitaly worth the free price tag. We'll be picking it up as soon as my friend sells his Durango. Then the fun begins.
db9146
Man...just like manna falling from the sky, you guys in California get free 914s! wow!
Andyrew
Nice score! Cant wait to see it!

Check the vin number for the year of the car.. 476 is a 76.. 475 is a 75 and does not need to be smoged...

mk114
I really could use that 2.0 motor if it's any good ( I have a 1.7 to trade if interested prefer to buy outrigt) I could even pay to ship it I know that I'm probally last in line but please keep me in mind also hows the door panels
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.