Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 1976 914 For Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Jake Raby
I've gone back and forth about selling this car for a few months now. I had several interested parties in the car, but it wasn't officially for sale. Now I've added a couple of armored military vehicles to the collection, and its time to let the 914 go.

Now, all that said, this car doesn't have one of my engines. In fact, the car is so original and solid that I haven't done anything to it except a valve adjustment, and a couple of oil services, so don't be interested in this 914 just because its mine!

Its still equipped with stock EFI and it runs great with no issues. The engine has a couple of oil leaks, but it only "marks its spot" like any 914. It still has the full '76 exhaust, and all 76 components.

The car has a set of 2.0 Fuchs wheels that were done last year by Al Reed, and they are perfect. The tires have less than 5K miles as well.

The paint is a couple of years old and was done after a tree limb fell and hit the driver's side fender. The fender was replaced, and the whole car was repainted in the factory black.

I have yet to find any rust in this car. It has spent its life in the SE, and is very solid. It needs a couple of pieces of rubber replaced for the targa top, but other than that it doesn't need anything else. Everything works, too.

Now, that said being a '76 isn't so bad on this car; because, the black paint hides the "big bumpers" really well. We all know if it was a 73-74 2.0 that it would be more desirable than a '76, but when I purchased this car I snatched it up because it was original, complete, and solid. It also didn't need anything done to it, which was key for me, as I have no time to tinker and wanted a 914 to drive again. I didn't care about the bumpers, and still don't.

I would prefer that someone be able to look at the car in the flesh before purchase, but if someone buys it and wants it shipped, I can easily handle that as we are shipping brokers. If someone does buy it and want it shipped I'll extend a 24 hour inspection period following vehicle receipt to inspect it. If someone doesn't like it, al they have to do is pay the shipping (both ways) and I'll refund the money. This is the only way I can sell a vehicle, and you'll not find that anywhere else.

If interested in the 914 email me at jake@aircooledtechnology.com and I'll give more details, higher resolution photos, or schedule a phone chat. Price is 18,500.00. No tire kickers, please.
Jake Raby
BTW- The 914 is located at my Research and Training facility, near Athens Georgia
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.