Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SS braided brake hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Anyone know the length of the front and rear hoses in SS braided? Thanks
Cap'n Krusty
Just long enough to fit in the trash can. Unless yours is a dedicated track car, the reliability and safety of SS lines id REALLY questioable. It's recommended they be inspected often, and replaced about every 2 years. The failure mode, and they DO fail (I've personally seen at least 3 failures), is sudden and total loss of braking. You sure you want to buy into that? The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
What's the best brand of RTV then? confused24.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 27 2005, 08:07 AM)
What's the best brand of RTV then? confused24.gif

what K&N filter should i Buy? confused24.gif lol2.gif
Eric_Shea
"and the Cap'n, thoroughly disgusted, trods back into the shop to actually make some money while our feeble attempts at humor go unrecognized" huh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Apr 27 2005, 09:30 AM)
"and the Cap'n, thoroughly disgusted, trods back into the shop to actually make some money while our feeble attempts at humor go unrecognized" huh.gif

The Plot thickens......and then congeals" biggrin.gif

Seriously, i bought the DOT approved SS lines. i check em everytime the wheels are off. but that is the key. check them.
solex
I have a set (I believe from a late model beetle) that I want to put on my car to further diagnose a braking problem, anyone have the lenght of the front and back SS hoses. From my understanding they are a bit longer then the standard rubber hoses.

Thanks,
Dan
solex
I answered my own question for future reference:

Rear 280 mm
Front 330 mm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.