Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Renegade V8 TOPIC: Shifter?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
Looks like I will bite the plastic bullet to replace my Jaide kit to Renegade. My Jaide cast adapter was 1.5" thick but the Renegades are ~.625" so I will be sawzall-smiley.gif

How'd you do it? Got pics?

Anyone have a spare side shifter rod?
Mueller
Anyone have a spare side shifter rod?

I do, I was going to give it to Randal after Andy FUBAR'd his original one...it is not perfect, but it'll work if you repair the setscrew tapered hole........

user posted image
neo914-6
Mike,

Thanks. How do you repair a tapered hole? weld fill and drill with a tapered drill? confused24.gif

I'm thinking this may be more involved since the shifter length is determined by the placement of the engine to firewall and the thickness of the adapter. No two will be alike and how do you adjust it after you weld it? Design a bracket for fine adjustment to length?
Brad Roberts
Felix,

I have a "deal" for you. Stop 90% of your headaches and let me come down and help you out. I want those flares. Lets work out a fair labor rate and let me work them off.

There is enough "play" in the STOCK shifter adjustment to take .250 out of the length if not more. As long as the coupler doesnt hit the firewall when you go for 5th..the rod doesnt need to be shortened.

B
neo914-6
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Apr 27 2005, 02:35 PM)
Felix,

I have a "deal" for you. Stop 90% of your headaches and let me come down and help you out. I want those flares. Lets work out a fair labor rate and let me work them off.

There is enough "play" in the STOCK shifter adjustment to take .250 out of the length if not more. As long as the coupler doesnt hit the firewall when you go for 5th..the rod doesnt need to be shortened.

B

Oh man, if you offered this a couple of weeks ago I would have driven a 914 to the WCC. I plan to trade the front f/g flares for formed metal flares, pretty much the opposite of Bill's work. screwy.gif The rears will be available if you could still use them...

BTW, the cast Jaide adapter is 1.5" thick to house the starter gear. All the machined adapters are less than half of that.
BIGKAT_83
Want to sell that adapter plate??sure would like to get a look at it.

Bob
Andyrew
I got a side shifter rod.... but I think brad has you covered...

neo914-6
QUOTE (BIGKAT_83 @ Apr 27 2005, 07:50 PM)
Want to sell that adapter plate??sure would like to get a look at it.

Bob

If I go Renegade or KEP, I'll sell the whole kit N kaboodle. It's a sweet set up if you don't need anything bigger than 8". I like the cast housing, Chevy starter, and the cast w/p housing with tensioner...

I'll post on another thread or in the classifieds...
Andyrew
Roger is lookin for a kitnakaboodle....

Although I could also step up as well...

Hmm.

We'll see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.