Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks 914club and Demick!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Thanks to the club who hosts the info, and demick for writing it up. It was very easy to do. smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng
Great, you'll be able to use them for the next Autocross when its raining.

Geoff
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 26 2003, 08:02 PM)
Great, you'll be able to use them for the next Autocross when its raining.

Geoff

Yea.... sad.gif
Bruce Allert
Chris, do ya still have yer high beam indicator lite? I switched the wrong 2 wires & lost mine. Fogs work independent but no blue lite. Gotta do dat sum dey!
bruce
ChrisReale
I dont think me high beams even work, but I think I did loose the indicator. Oh well.... blink.gif
Bleyseng
You guys are ahead of me, my fogs still don't work.

Geoff
Bruce Allert
Me thinks the 3 of us should get together & do fogs & syncros... what say ye???
bruce
Dave Cawdrey
me thinks me lonely... sad2.gif
Demick
You should not lose your high beam indicator light. If you did, then the problem was with the conversion step #2.

If your car is a '70 or '71 4 cyl, then you probably followed the instructions for another year and used the wire from the fuse panel instead of the combination relay.

If your car is a '72 or '73 4 cyl or a -6, then you used the wrong white/blue wire from the #1 fuse (there are 2 attached at the same point, and you need to figure out which is which).

If your car is a '74 - '76, then you also used the wrong white/blue wire from the #1 fuse. There is actually a white/blue wire attached to each side of the #1 fuse. You need to select and ground the one that was attached to the input side (toward the rear of the car) of the #1 fuse. If you chose the wire from the output side (toward the front of the car) of the #1 fuse, then you grounded the high beam indicator and did not do anything to affect the fog light operation. I need to be more clear about this in the instructions, so I will get them updated. Sorry about any confusion.

Demick
'74 2.0
Bruce Allert
I know which wires they are now and just have to take 10 min. to make the switch. (just call me a procrastinator!) cool.gif
bruce
ChrisReale
I just checked and I still have my indicator light. smilie_pokal.gif
Bruce Allert
finger.gif
bruce laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.