Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Son's Xmas present
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmill
He said he wanted something cool to hang on his wall. I'm going with this. I think it's so cool that I want one now too.
LowBridge
QUOTE(jmill @ Dec 22 2016, 07:00 PM) *

He said he wanted something cool to hang on his wall. I'm going with this. I think it's so cool that I want one now too.

you're a great dad beerchug.gif
Unobtanium-inc
I love Porsche wall art, it's a very underrated form of art. Your son will love it, I gave my son a print last year. My brother had ordered it and didn't like it, so little Max got it and loved it. I'm also partial to hanging Porsches on walls...
914Sixer
Way Cool !!!
jmill
Thanks guys! I liked how it came out and had to share it with some folks who would appreciate it. The wife was like, "Well, I hope he likes it for what you spent on it."

The trunk lid was one of just a couple things I salvaged off a car that was about to break in half up in salt country. Being red I tried for a Brumos/Strenger look with a little more pizazz.
Mark Henry
Throw some LED light strips behind the edges. shades.gif
mepstein
I want one!
jmill
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 23 2016, 08:44 AM) *

Throw some LED light strips behind the edges. shades.gif

idea.gif That would be very cool.
Blue6
That really looks great. Lucky young man. I'm currently painting and powder coating an engine lid with lettering for wall art. Wife says it's not going in the house. We'll see...
euro911
Cool.

Now I know what to do with my spare targa tops biggrin.gif
cary
John that is way cool ................

I was just about ready to scrap a couple lids from rusty cars.
Painted or wrapped ?
jmill
The red is painted but the rest is vinyl. They could have done a wrap but the paint was decent enough. I buffed it out so it got its shine back first.
Vysoc
Very Cool,
I love Garage Art!!

Merry Christmas!! santa_smiley.gif flag.gif

Vysoc flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.