Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tinware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
I've been offered some engine tinware but I don't know if it's correct.

Can someone post a picture of the tin so that I can gauge the correct shape/style. It's for a 1.7.

Thanks
BeatNavy
Here's a pic of my old tin (and valve covers and runners) before going to powder coating. It's generally laid out where it would be on the engine (rear on the left of pic, front on the right). I believe the engine tin is the same, or basically the same, for all engines (1.7, 1.8, 2.0). Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that...

Click to view attachment
gcrotvik
the spark plug holes are in a different location for a 2.0. 1.7 and 1.8 are the same I believe.
JFG
Thanks for the picture I think they tried to sell me tin for a bus as it's more curved than angular.
barefoot
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Dec 23 2016, 01:26 PM) *

Here's a pic of my old tin (and valve covers and runners) before going to powder coating. It's generally laid out where it would be on the engine (rear on the left of pic, front on the right). I believe the engine tin is the same, or basically the same, for all engines (1.7, 1.8, 2.0). Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that...

Click to view attachment

pictured is for 2.0, 1.7 & 1.8 which have spark plug holes more on top

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.