Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Seat Belt Orientation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Fitton
I recently scored a nice set of early seat belts for my 914-6 including the rare center belt. I know where the threaded holes are for the center belt but wanted to confirm that the drivers side belt when installed has the rivet side of the adjustment slider facing out and the passenger side has the rivet side on the inside facing down.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
gcrotvik
It is my understanding that the rivets should be down on both sides. I have several sets in storage. I will take a look at them and their related part numbers. Odd part numbers are generally left and even right.
GeorgeRud
Rivets were down on both sides on mine, otherwise very tough to adjust the belt. If you don't have to worry about on ours correct, the retractable belts are much more user friendly for different passengers and can be mounted without cutting anything on an original -6.Click to view attachment

Sorry about the orientation of the photo!
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 24 2016, 12:54 PM) *

Rivets were down on both sides on mine, otherwise very tough to adjust the belt. If you don't have to worry about on ours correct, the retractable belts are much more user friendly for different passengers and can be mounted without cutting anything on an original -6.

George we are talking about the non-retractable belts. I just went and looked at my car and the driver side belt has the rivets up and the passenger side has the rivets down. I also found this thread here on the world:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;hl=seat+belt

And this picture shows drivers side rivets up.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.