Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ya'll finally convinced her to join!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Yup. I was convinced to shake off the bad week and to go to the WCC by my loving fiancee, Noel. She was very tough on the motorcycle ride up to pick up the loaner 914 from Joe Sharp, and continued on being tough through out the rest of the trip to Camarillo.
Well, after all of her understanding and support, she really impressed me at the track. I let her take the loaner around on the 55mph parade laps. She did 3! I explained some of the little bit of knowledge that I just learned as she took turn after turn. She realy enjoyed it.

Last night she could not get to sleep beause she couldn't stop thinking of how she wants her future 914 to look smilie_pokal.gif She said that it was about around turn 5 or 6 when she decided that she was hooked on the racing/914 thing. I have a feeling that I will be loosing to her when we eventually find time to race rolleyes.gif dry.gif

Ya, I know I am lucky. beer.gif
Allan
That's great Mike. It'll be fun to have her in one. I don't know if Noel said anything to you but her and my wife were talking about getting together in the fairly near future.
Andyrew
Thats awesome!

I do have to comment on one thing, I think the parade laps where a little bit to fast... lol

Dad was telling me to slow down, and there was a line of cars behind me!!! I pulled off.....

I bet she was one of those speed deamons behind me!

Good luck sharing... wink.gif
Brad Roberts
Ha ha.. now you have to maintain TWO race cars... and buy 8 tires every other weekend..

I feel your pain.

Glad she had fun.

I noticed everyone getting out of their cars with HUGE smiles on their faces.

B
Red-Beard
Does she want one that runs? cool_shades.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Red-Beard @ Apr 27 2005, 04:13 PM)

Naw, just garage queens like Mike owns!
Elliot_Cannon
Is this the same sweet Noel that said, "to hell with Elliot, just keep driving"? laugh.gif
Cheers, Elliot
CptTripps
Yeah, Angie said the same thing. I showed her pics of Bondo's wife driving her WRX on the track. Angie has a 9-2x (the Saabaru) and wants to try hers now.

That's awesome man...
Brando
I was pretty sure after your offroad venture into the wilderness she would have been scared of track racing (or just slapped you around). about time she wanted a 914 biggrin.gif and one to race. (She is going to race and autocross, right?)
Gint
Dudn't get any better'n that! I'm just happy my wife is still funding my obsession. If she got hooked too, it'd be twice as pricey! But you're gonna be a doc, so that won't be a problem. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Red-Beard
QUOTE (SLITS @ Apr 27 2005, 03:14 PM)
Does she want one that runs?  :shades:

Naw, just garage queens like Mike owns!

Yard queens. Mike doesn't have a garage... icon_bump.gif
sean_v8_914
she's a little speed demon like Mark Bs Marcie who also drives a 911

Noel already knows what kind of wheels she wants.
Meredith

That really narrows down the prospects. smile.gif

Has Noel joined the BBS/forum/whatever yet?
AZ914
Congrats Mike! You found a great gal... beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif Cool deal oh Evil one!

My wife and I tried for a 914 which got sawzall-smiley.gif at my house a week later. She now sports a 944. Better car for her anyway. wink.gif
Dr Evil
Ha ha, James rolleyes.gif Actually I have pond queens (it is down pouring right now!)

I am trying to get her on the board, but then I will have to share a computer wink.gif
tdgray
She movin to PA with ya Mike?

We could all hook up at some of the tracks in the tri-state area.

LOOOONG drive to Hershey though.

Toast
Well its about time Noel! lol2.gif

smilie_pokal.gif
Dr Evil
yup, she is coming with me or she has to give up the engaugement ring wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.