Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LOOKING FOR TOW...S.Cali to Denver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wwhalenc
Yes,
It's a longshot, but perhaps there's an RVer out there who's planning this trip soon and would like to make a little gas money? Let me know! --Chris wwhalenc@yahoo.com. Some rates I've seen for the pros for San Diego to Denver come in around 650-750 for starters. Perhaps someone would like to undercut them by a few hundred?
brant
I don't have a tow solution for you...
but I wanted to say hi and see if we may have met somewhere/somehow.

my name is brant
what is yours.
we have a little 914 colorado following with a bunch of local guys and some get togethers.

not trying to spam you... just wondered if you might be interested.

oh back on topic: are you getting a 914 from san diego?

wwhalenc
Brett, Good to hear from you. Nope... Not any specific target right now...but frequently salvageable 914s come up in Southern Cali and/or the Southwest. I've been close, the cost of shipping has kept me from impulse-buying a decent speciment with which specimen to get started in 914s.

The only other way around the towing prob... Know any local rollers that might be salvageable? --Chris
brant
depends upon your definition of salvageable.

If you don't mind doing a little welding and restoration there are a few locals.

one is listed on craigslist right now in boulder for 1500 but pretty rough..

If you want a driver, then less affordable options.

I'll PM you too.
brant
Brad Roberts
I may be interested in doing this for you. Late May time frame or even June. This actually opens your options up because I'll be coming from the SF bay area.

I need to make a Texas trip this year (soon)

B
Gint
QUOTE (wwhalenc @ Apr 27 2005, 05:31 PM)
Yes,
It's a longshot, but perhaps there's an RVer out there who's planning this trip soon and would like to make a little gas money? Let me know! --Chris wwhalenc@yahoo.com. Some rates I've seen for the pros for San Diego to Denver come in around 650-750 for starters. Perhaps someone would like to undercut them by a few hundred?

Bummer! I just sold my trailer. You can rent a van (I know a place with van rentals for towing and unlimited mileage[obviously]) for $130 a day x 2 days we could have driven out and drug one back for $500-600 including gas.

We do need to get you on our local list. Great group of 914 whck-jobs. We help each other out quite a bit.
brant
Mike,

did you sell it to anyone I know (914 person?)

good for you

that must also mean that there is no longer a car on it?

brant
Gint
QUOTE (brant @ Apr 27 2005, 06:17 PM)
Mike,

did you sell it to anyone I know (914 person?)

good for you

that must also mean that there is no longer a car on it?

brant

Unfortunately, no. It went to a Jeep guy through a friend of a friend kinda deal. So I won't even get to borrow it. Damn! But it had to go.

The tub is still on the trailer until Sunday morning. I'll move the trailer and get the tub offloaded and he'll come over late morning/noonish to pick up the trailer.

Sorry for the thread hijak! beerchug.gif
Rusty
There is a roller nearby to me (Manhattan, KS). That's about 8 hours from you. It needs a rear fender replaced, but otherwise is pretty solid. Has Koni reds on the back. This is a true roller... something to build from scratch. Also, the current owner has a bill of sale, but no title. Don't know if you can deal with that in Colorado.

PM me if you're interested.

-Rusty smoke.gif
wwhalenc
There's another interesting option...where's that place? UHAUL was outrageously expensive (even to rent and stick on a trailer/tow bar myself)
Rusty
I-70 east... 8 hours. Gint knows the way. I always have beer and steaks in the fridge.
brant
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Apr 27 2005, 05:25 PM)
There is a roller nearby to me (Manhattan, KS). That's about 8 hours from you. It needs a rear fender replaced, but otherwise is pretty solid. Has Koni reds on the back. This is a true roller... something to build from scratch. Also, the current owner has a bill of sale, but no title. Don't know if you can deal with that in Colorado.

PM me if you're interested.

-Rusty smoke.gif

Lawrence,

Is the kansas roller an original color car?
Is it cheap?

always curious... (plus my dad's house is half way between here and manhattan)

wwhalenc
Oh.. The "Little Apple". No title is kind of a big deal here, but there are ways around it (all somehwhat of a PITA). Have you seen the car? PMing.
Rusty
QUOTE (brant @ Apr 27 2005, 07:29 PM)
Lawrence,

Is the kansas roller an original color car?
Is it cheap?

always curious... (plus my dad's house is half way between here and manhattan)

It needs lots of cleaning, and is currently being stored in a barn.

Orange/red? sprayed over original ravenna green.

I can hook someone up with the owner.

brant
Rusty...
did you have any impression from the owner if it was a 200$ roller or he wanted 2,000$ for it?

(and I'm not going to step on any toes chris)

brant
Rusty
I think that's a question best left for the owner. He's an occasional lurker here.
Ferg
Hey Chris, glad to hear of another local...
I don't know of any rollers other than the one's brant others have mentioned, but i'll keep a look out.
find your way to our local yahoo group.
Ferg.
Gint
QUOTE (Ferg @ Apr 27 2005, 09:25 PM)
Hey Chris, glad to hear of another local...
I don't know of any rollers other than the one's brant others have mentioned, but i'll keep a look out.
find your way to our local yahoo group.
Ferg.

Whaddya doin posting at this time of night?
Ferg
what are you kidding, with Hudson teething, this is daddy's only free time. 914club and a fat tire, ah life is good...
Ferg. beer.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Ferg @ Apr 27 2005, 09:32 PM)
what are you kidding, with Hudson teething, this is daddy's only free time. 914club and a fat tire, ah life is good...
Ferg. beer.gif

Man you're gettin old... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.