Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tripple weber q's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
started cleaning my webers...

when ordering a rebuild kit for tripple throat webbers, what should I look for (what needs to be in the kit)

when is it time to get the butterfly shafts rebuild?
There is some movement at the linkage end of the shaft

last but not least... one of the airbleed screws has broken off in the carb body mad.gif
(I didn't do it, I took 'em off the car like that)
I already tried to cut a slot in it to get a screwdriver in, but the screw is soft and stuck pretty nasty
Any ideas? Or should I just take it to a machine shop (I don't feel comfortable drilling it out myself)
Jeroen
close up...
seanery
Jeroen,
contact PMO for a rebuild kit...Rich is a good resource if you can get him on the phone.
TimT
the rebuild kit will have the gaskets, o-rings, diaphragms for the accel pumps etc.

The shafts should have been checked while on the car, and the car running. spray some carb cleaner at the shafts while the car is idling. If the idle speed changes after a shot of cleaner, you should have the shafts rebushed.

Sinces the carbs are off the car just grab the shaft and try to wiggle it if if moves just a teeny bit the shafts are fine, but if you can actually see and feel the shaft moving, they need to be rebushed

Id try some heat on the air bleed screw, and see if that works... otherwise send it off to a machine shop
sixnotfour
FYI Beiker Engineering in Grants Pass , Oregon charges 950.00 approx. to rebush, replate hardware and rebuild em ready to go.
Gint
when is it time to get the butterfly shafts rebuild?
There is some movement at the linkage end of the shaft

It's quite possible that you've already reached that point. Save yourself the headache (ask me how I know) and just send 'em off and have them rebushed and rebuilt all at the same time. Start fresh and new.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.