Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did Porsche Santa bring you?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
I was a good boy this year. santa_smiley.gif
Porsche Santa brought me a carbon fiber helmet for the race track and some titanium lug bolts for the Cayman.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
larss
IPB Image
stevegm
Tool box and alternator wiring harness from Jeff Bowlsby. Well I bought the harness myself.
StratPlayer
A gift from a fellow member (Santa)
Thank you very much for a wonderful gift
euro911
Two really nice car covers smile.gif ... cars need washed before I put them on dry.gif - so no pix at the moment
SixerJ
My wife saw it in my Amazon wish list months ago and ordered it before I could

Click to view attachment
db9146
So from my wonderful wife, I got this 914-6 Stoddard shirt with the "frog" lights on the hood.

Click to view attachment

My daughter gave me this black 914-6 Porsche stripe tumbler (produced by Ken Fast)

Click to view attachment

And my son made this custom turned wood shifter knob for the 914-6 at school

Click to view attachment

He's just finished up his 1st semester studying Ind. Design at Ga. Tech.
JawjaPorsche
My son gave me this "The World is Flat" t-shirt. His wife does screening and made it.

I also have a Subaru Crosstrek so I have two boxsters!
sofi2t81
A stainless steel muffler from Mittelmotor.de for the 2.0 flat four. aktion035.gif

https://www.mittelmotor.de/cms/de/10-1-moto...336c-neu-detail

Peter
second wind
QUOTE(sofi2t81 @ Dec 25 2016, 12:19 PM) *

A stainless steel muffler from Mittelmotor.de for the 2.0 flat four. aktion035.gif

https://www.mittelmotor.de/cms/de/10-1-moto...336c-neu-detail

Peter

Hello Peter....nice muffler but my German is a little weak. How much does that cost and is there a power gain? Also, the exhaust pipe looks like it is on the wrong side or am I looking at it wrong? Thank you very much!
Greg
Coondog
Would you believe her name is Porsche...Thanks Santa
Click to view attachment
Frankvw
I got a copper sparkplug brush, a correct socket for CV bolts AND the butylcord for my rear window !
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
The new tumbler and book- bought myself the tumbler but had to wait to get it and my son bought the book for me!
euro911
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 25 2016, 01:13 PM) *
Click to view attachment
Accessories, yes, but I doubt my wife would ever get me a Porsche for Christmas ... or my birthday dry.gif

laugh.gif
Krieger
New Oem 914/6 oil cooler! piratenanner.gif
sofi2t81
Hey Greg,

Here another link with the measurements. You can switch language to English.

https://www.mittelmotor.de/cms/de/angebote-...ieder-lieferbar

Power gain is 4,9kW out of their measurements. Not the trigger foe me. I love the fact that this will be the last exhaust ever....

The tailpipe is on the correct side . The muffler body is over the heat exchangers. Compare it with the original banana.

It's pricy with 600 € . (should be close to $600) but the original is more expensive here and the Brush is now $300 and it's nearly gone after 8 years. (It's on the car at the moment)

Peter
barefoot
Here's mine :
Barefoot
Click to view attachment
second wind
QUOTE(sofi2t81 @ Dec 25 2016, 01:32 PM) *

Hey Greg,

Here another link with the measurements. You can switch language to English.

https://www.mittelmotor.de/cms/de/angebote-...ieder-lieferbar

Power gain is 4,9kW out of their measurements. Not the trigger foe me. I love the fact that this will be the last exhaust ever....

The tailpipe is on the correct side . The muffler body is over the heat exchangers. Compare it with the original banana.

It's pricy with 600 € . (should be close to $600) but the original is more expensive here and the Brush is now $300 and it's nearly gone after 8 years. (It's on the car at the moment)

Peter

Thank you Peter. Please post a video once you install yours and tell of the performance difference. Do you know how much it weighs compared to stock banana? Thank you,
Greg
sofi2t81
I will do once installed in spring.
I have no idea what the bananas weight is. I will put my on a scale when I'm back home in two weeks.

Peter
kid914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 25 2016, 01:06 PM) *

I was a good boy this year. santa_smiley.gif
Porsche Santa brought me a carbon fiber helmet for the race track and some titanium lug bolts for the Cayman.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Nice lug bolts..... aktion035.gif
Dion
Thermal Duluth firehouse pants & jacket for
working on the 914 this winter, some F1 dvds
and a shirt of my fave current GT class car.
Thanks Santa (aka the Mrs. and kids!)
Big Len
I got a Northern New Jersey Region PCA vest, a new gas cap gasket, and shiny fog light grills from 914 Rubber.
Click to view attachment
stevegm
QUOTE(barefoot @ Dec 25 2016, 04:37 PM) *

Here's mine :
Barefoot
Click to view attachment

Nice hat. :-)
bretth
Peelers 914
SixerJ
QUOTE(Frankvw @ Dec 25 2016, 09:15 PM) *

I got a copper sparkplug brush, a correct socket for CV bolts AND the butylcord for my rear window !
Click to view attachment

Where did you find the tape? I've been looking online and it's hard to find in Europe
Frankvw
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Dec 26 2016, 02:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Frankvw @ Dec 25 2016, 09:15 PM) *

Where did you find the tape? I've been looking online and it's hard to find in Europe

'Santa' had a hard time sourcing it in europe but i ordered it online at uwgereedschap.nl which is the consumersite of lasaulec in the netherlands. In case you are planning to order something from 914rubber any time soon i suggest to add it in that order. But there are more places in europe to get it. Just look for the 3M number, that will give more results because it goes by several names here.
Rsjg911
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 25 2016, 04:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 25 2016, 01:13 PM) *
Click to view attachment
Accessories, yes, but I doubt my wife would ever get me a Porsche for Christmas ... or my birthday dry.gif

laugh.gif

Mark:

You've got it all wrong, man. You have to buy the Porsche YOU want and GIVE it to your wife for Christmas, her birthday, anniversary, etc. Done it twice and it works every time!

Keep 'em On the Road!

Ron
tygaboy
My brother is in the estate liquidation business. He ended up with an interesting stash of auto badges and gave me this one. Approx 4" across. Pretty cool! santa_smiley.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(Dion @ Dec 25 2016, 03:06 PM) *

Dion - my cousin had the opportunity to do a special Aston driving experience in Dubai. He got to drive a race prepped GT class Aston!
Gunn1
Click to view attachment driving.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Rsjg911 @ Dec 26 2016, 06:30 AM) *
...Mark:

You've got it all wrong, man. You have to buy the Porsche YOU want and GIVE it to your wife for Christmas, her birthday, anniversary, etc. Done it twice and it works every time!

Keep 'em On the Road!

Ron

I was referring to the girl ... drooley.gif

My wife did buy me one ... a '75 914 for Christmas back in 2006. I reciprocated by buying her a '71 914 for her birthday in 2007 ... and a '70 Ghia for her birthday in 2015 shades.gif
slotty008
I got some sockets from Wera : very practical because they are color coded and you can easily turn them by hand. And an 5m endoscope : not so practical because there's a lot of delay between recording and viewing.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
IPB Image
Dion
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 26 2016, 07:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Dion @ Dec 25 2016, 03:06 PM) *

Dion - my cousin had the opportunity to do a special Aston driving experience in Dubai. He got to drive a race prepped GT class Aston!

That would be mind blowing, given the car and location!
Rsjg911
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 26 2016, 02:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Rsjg911 @ Dec 26 2016, 06:30 AM) *
...Mark:

Keep 'em On the Road!

Ron

I was referring to the girl ... drooley.gif

My wife did buy me one ... a '75 914 for Christmas back in 2006. I reciprocated by buying her a '71 914 for her birthday in 2007 ... and a '70 Ghia for her birthday in 2015 shades.gif

Mark:
Awesome! Truth be told, my wife is also a car nut. Infact, she used to come up the street to watch my best friend and I wash our 914s when we were in high school. She had a crush on me but I thought it was the cars...what did I know at 17? Anyway, 34 years and several Porsches later we are still very active in the PCA and continue to make new memories. It's great when you both share the hobby.
Best, and Keep 'em On the Road!
Ron. beerchug.gif
Rsjg911
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 26 2016, 03:12 PM) *

IPB Image

Dear "Sir":
I'm guessing this is sans engine? It seems to be riding high in the rear. What are your plans for her?
Ron
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rsjg911 @ Dec 26 2016, 03:20 PM) *
Dear "Sir":
I'm guessing this is sans engine? It seems to be riding high in the rear. What are your plans for her?

Sans everything really, it's just a rolling shell ...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=300547

smile.gif
Rsjg911
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 26 2016, 06:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Rsjg911 @ Dec 26 2016, 03:20 PM) *
Dear "Sir":

Sans everything really, it's just a rolling shell ...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=300547

smile.gif

Ahhh, I see. Nice project. Make sure you document the restoration for us on The World.
GL with the build.
JmuRiz
We're all old enough in my family that we do a 'merry x-mas to myself' gift-giving. So I got myself the 914/6 GT book biggrin.gif Maybe it'll motivate me to finish cleaning/organizing my garage so I can get crackin' on my build-off-2017 project!
Beach914
Rare Set of 29 Prints done commissioned by the Porsche Factory in the Mid-70's done by Strenger the Porsche poster artist. Came with the original factory invoice.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
Yup my son in law got me this great hardback....
strawman
Been a long since I posted, but I lurk when I get a chance. My wife bought me a new toolbox, and she's letting me use the sale proceeds of her 1999 BMW Z3 M Roadster on my Suby 914 project. She had neck surgery a few months ago, and can no longer daily drive the car without pain. It was a 2014 Mother's Day gift, and it opened her eyes to spirited driving, autocross and she even did a track day with it. She put over 70k miles on it in 2.5 years, mostly with the top down. Anyone want a high-mileage (207k) but good running "driver's car"? Your purchase will help get my 914 on the road (finally!)...

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Nice roll-a-way. beerchug.gif
914dave
A nice travel detail kit for my freshly painted car.
Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Great idea on the detail kit...and nice tool chest above too
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(strawman @ Dec 30 2016, 03:50 PM) *

Been a long since I posted, but I lurk when I get a chance. My wife bought me a new toolbox, and she's letting me use the sale proceeds of her 1999 BMW Z3 M Roadster on my Suby 914 project. She had neck surgery a few months ago, and can no longer daily drive the car without pain. It was a 2014 Mother's Day gift, and it opened her eyes to spirited driving, autocross and she even did a track day with it. She put over 70k miles on it in 2.5 years, mostly with the top down. Anyone want a high-mileage (207k) but good running "driver's car"? Your purchase will help get my 914 on the road (finally!)...

Click to view attachment

Z3M? Is that with the 3.0 I6 motor? How much? What have you done to the car?
My 2000 528i has 238,000 miles on it and it drives like a new car- been looking for a boxster, Miata or a Z3 for DD use....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.