Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: backdating bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
I am finishing up the front bumper and have a couple of questions.
In Ken Steele write up he mentioned removing the 3 drain channels but is it necessary?
Also my new old bumpers have 6 holes that would appear to attach to the gasket channel. I guess my question is there the fasteners other than the 4 dog bone bolts?
Steve
Post some pictures. My Channel is intact and I left the drain holes. Mine looks just like his pictures. I am only using the two dog bones to hold the bumper on. Maybe your referring to the lower holes for the valance.
This article?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=225743
Steve
Looking at the article.. are you referring to the front of the headlights? That does need to come off. Mine looks just like his picture. The gasket channel is flush with the front of the headlights. Otherwise the rubber on the bumper won't sit flush against the car. You can also get fender washers if it sits to close on a particular side or corner.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(80cap @ Dec 26 2016, 11:54 AM) *

I am finishing up the front bumper and have a couple of questions.
In Ken Steele write up he mentioned removing the 3 drain channels but is it necessary?
Also my new old bumpers have 6 holes that would appear to attach to the gasket channel. I guess my question is there the fasteners other than the 4 dog bone bolts?

FWIW, I never did cut those drain channels off. The bumper fits fine with them intact.

The only attachment points are the 4 dog bone bolts.

You will be pleased when you are done. beerchug.gif
80cap
Thanks Ken!
Brian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.