Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 911 motor for conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
donzi
Motor from 1971 911 2.2 motor , with webers
$16500 obo, Click to view attachment

located in las vegas nv 89014Click to view attachment
rgalla9146

Waaay toooo much info. And half price too!
Chris914n6
Welcome another Vegas Dude.

You will want to post all the reasons it's worth that much $$.
mtndawg
The pics look nice. There is a 2.7 over on pelican for $5500 and this one is 3x the price. Why is there such a disparity?
mb911
Looks like it has 3k worth of carbs, tensioners worth 800 or so and magna cores so I see 7500 worth of parts without details. Engine looks fresh so probably a good deal.
McMark
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 28 2016, 12:47 PM) *

Engine looks fresh so probably a good deal.

Whoa! An afternoon and a couple cans of paint and any engine can look like that. Whoever is interested should see receipts before risking a TON of money.
Larmo63
It does look like a freshie, but yes, receipts would be a must.
Chris914n6
On ebay also with a few more details. A few being 3 laugh.gif Plus it has NO warranty and untuned carbs.

ebay listing

It's been on local CL for a year at least, same price.
raynekat
I'd have to agree.
Details of what was done, parts replaced, who did the work, etc are needed.
Without that, this engine is not much more than a "core."
Cores go for considerably less than the asking price.
Krieger
When I worked at an aviation shop that specialized in old warbirds we did a few"overhauls" on radial engines for display purposes only. We called them aerosol overhaul. Nothing internal was touched. Pressure washed and about 3-4 cans of spray paint. They looked like new. I don't even know if they could turn.
mb911
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 28 2016, 10:57 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 28 2016, 12:47 PM) *

Engine looks fresh so probably a good deal.

Whoa! An afternoon and a couple cans of paint and any engine can look like that. Whoever is interested should see receipts before risking a TON of money.

I was just trying to be nice as I thought we were not supposed to comment on other people's for sale threads?? Still think it looks pretty clean but I can't imagine anyone would pay asking price without some paperwork documenting the engine and leakdown etc..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.