Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPS rearended me at 35 mph..!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beebo Kanelle
a USPS truck drove up my backside while I was peacefully driving at 35 mph!

Luckily, I looked up in time to dis-engage to clutch and absorb the momentum of the impact

Much less damage compared to what could have been.

I'm pulling the back side out and, now I must decide what to do about the rear truck lid.

Should I try to hammer out my old lid and refit fit to the car?

Or, try to find one for sale? How much does a rear truck lid cost?

I've looked but haven't seen any for sale...

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BTW, USPS is a federal agency. They have no insurance. I must submit two bids for the repair, accompanied by a special federal form they send, and then they take 4-6 months to decide how much they will pay.

This is where I am having problems. I've taken it to numerous body shops / restoration shops they are scared to give a bid.

I've already repaired the leaks (both oil from the push-rod tubes and exhaust) caused when the truck crashed into my exhaust

I'll post pics tomorrow. and If somebody knows of a reputable shop in Houston who is willing to give a written bid, let me know.

Thanks to all
toolguy
why don't you let your insurance handle the BS. . you don't care what it costs to return to the pre accident condition. . That's why you have insurance. .
rhodyguy
I would'nt be too quick to mention you've been working on it. Maybe edit your post. There's more 'fix value' in a 914 these days. Start compiling data on recent offerings and sales.
Cairo94507
You should absolutely stop work and let your insurance company take care of this and then let them deal with the Feds. Nice the Feds treat people so nicely....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.