Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: horns
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
I am looking for input on replacement horns for my back dating project.
The 76 horn is not near loud enough, I will relocated them behind 914 rubbers very nice grills.
Brian
malcolm2
I ended up grabbing some junk yard horns off of a Volvo. My backed bumper is painted black and the VW horns I had were weak and were silver and stood out behind the grills.

Volvo horns are black and have a horn shape I can direct to the grill vs. mounting in plain site.

I really wanted to get air horns, but just did not want to go thru all the work to mount everything. Just a WANT. Sticking with things the car NEEDS now.
80cap
has anyone used Hella Super tones? If so how was the install?
Brian
Steve
QUOTE(80cap @ Dec 29 2016, 08:17 AM) *

Brian

Are they red and look stock? That's what I'm running with my 75 back date. They sound great and mount same as stock early bumper car. I used rivnuts to hold them in place
80cap
yes they are red. Guess they look stock. I have a nutsert tool.
Brian
Steve
I looked on Amazon. They are the same round ones that I have. I'm happy with them.
Rleog
This bumper is a fiberglas 914 reproduction. The Hella horns fit well behind it, attached to the stock bolt positions.

IPB Image

80cap
Thanks
Brian sawzall-smiley.gif
Coondog
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 29 2016, 08:45 AM) *

QUOTE(80cap @ Dec 29 2016, 08:17 AM) *

Brian

Are they red and look stock? That's what I'm running with my 75 back date. They sound great and mount same as stock early bumper car. I used rivnuts to hold them in place

agree.gif have the same on my back dated 75
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.