Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yes another part done we just finished the shifter bushings for the side shift knuckle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Yes another item I had to work on today. These are the bushings for the late coupler on the side shift linkage. These are toleranced correctly so they fit snug and are easier to install. Looks like these are part # 911.424.223.03. I had ordered new from factory and they were sloppy. That and the height of the larger diameter edge was to tall so that you couldn't fit the rod back in. We paid attention to the details ad got these right.

Many of these were never replaced. I ran into an issue where when I was driving it broke apart and I could only get R-3. 4and five were gone. Turns out it had started to come apart. I did notice that the new OEM parts I have to modify to make fit, that and the hole was way too elliptical. I got the to work, but was less than pleased I had to modify a factory part.

Helps if you have a press, but you can get creative with tools. I can do a rebuild for $32(+shipping) exchange includes bushings. Would need you r core to start. I have one I can start with but would charge a $200 core to assure I got it back Pm me if interested.

These are not delrn, but a self lubricating plastic like OEM.
Looks like the exchange part number is 911.424.024.98

Buy these and I'll discount the rest of the parts you need on the assembly by 30%
Whos' up?

Here's the original thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...hl=lost+4th+5th

mb911
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 29 2016, 04:12 PM) *

Yes another item I had to work on today. These are the bushings for the late coupler on the side shift linkage. These are toleranced correctly so they fit snug and are easier to install. Looks like these are part # 911.424.223.03. I had ordered new from factory and they were sloppy. That and the height of the larger diameter edge was to tall so that you couldn't fit the rod back in. We paid attention to the details ad got these right.

Many of these were never replaced. I ran into an issue where when I was driving it broke apart and I could only get R-3. 4and five were gone. Turns out it had started to come apart. I did notice that the new OEM parts I have to modify to make fit, that and the hole was way too elliptical. I got the to work, but was less than pleased I had to modify a factory part.

Helps if you have a press, but you can get creative with tools. I can do a rebuild for $32(+shipping) exchange includes bushings. Would need you r core to start. I have one I can start with but would charge a $200 core to assure I got it back Pm me if interested.

These are not delrn, but a self lubricating plastic like OEM.
Looks like the exchange part number is 911.424.024.98

Buy these and I'll discount the rest of the parts you need on the assembly by 30%
Whos' up?

Here's the original thread.

I will be in for a set.
flat4guy
Might be a silly question but how do you get the "rod" out of there?
Mikey914
The rod really needs to be pressed out. You can use a deep socket that fits into the area where the bushings are and use a large vice. But it's harder.
I also used a quarter to tap the bushings into place in the "cage" before fitting onto the shaft.

If you haven't done these this is a weak point that could leave you stranded. Most have not been replaced.
restore2seater
I'm in for a set.
PlaysWithCars
I'm just getting ready to dive into why my shifting is less than ideal (914 ideal that is). What should I look for to know if these bushings are worn on my car? should ther be any slop in the joint?
Mikey914
You should look at he firewall bushings and the ball cup regardless of which setup you have. I see a 70 in your tag line. These actually occur on the tail shift assemblies.
I have all of the bushings for the tail shift and even the cover and band. If yours has been converted (and many have) you could benefit from replacing these I have these and the other parts very inexpensively on the site.

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/searchquick-...eywords=knuckle

You will find related items on the listing to help find what you may need.
Mikey914
Also just changed the listing to allow you to buy the other items at the 30% discount promised.
rmdinmd
in for a set
Mikey914
You can find here -

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/searchquick-...eywords=knuckle

The options are drop down on the listing) so you can select the discounted items with the purchase of the bushings.

Thanks,
Mark
Jett
Thanks Mark, bought four... Now I just need to install them all smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.