Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1976 914 2.0 FI asking $16,000
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Maicorider
Update: I sent the car to Mayo performance for the rear main seal replacement, engine tin repairs and heater installation. The car is now road ready and needs nothing but a good stereo. I had to increase the asking price to $17k due to the repairs.

This past July I had a cycling accident and ended up with a lingering hip injury. The entry and seating position of my 914 is really uncomfortable on that hip. As a result, I thought I'd float it out here for sale and see what happens.

The car has always been in DFW and was bought by a friend of mine in 1982. I have seen the car on a regular basis since about 1990. It has always been garaged and has been a fair weather car. It does not have rust and has not been in any accidents. The FI is still in place and the car runs out very well. I'm not sure of the total mileage, the speedo was zeroed out when the motor was last rebuilt and only shows about 1,000 miles right now.

Owner #2 worked in a Porsche restoration shop. Some time around 1990 the car got a color change from yellow to black. This was properly done with panels removed and sprayed inside and out. The car still looks very good but does have a few scratches.

This car doesn't have a totally stock look. I recently did an early chrome bumper conversion on the car and installed an SE style front valance. It looks soooooo much better than it did with the rubber 5mph bumpers. The trim on the car was painted black when the car was painted, windshield trim, pillar trim, .... This could be undone with a little work but it looks very nice the way it is. The top and targa pillars were also stripped of their vinyl and painted.

Over all this is a very nice, straight 914. I hate to see it sit in my garage and not get driven.Click to view attachment
BuddyV
Now THAT is black..... a lot of black!

Good luck with the sale..... may want to add more pics. I bet the rest of it looks great..... show it!

Cheers to what looks to be a tasteful custom.
Maicorider
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Dec 30 2016, 01:29 PM) *

Now THAT is black..... a lot of black!

Good luck with the sale..... may want to add more pics. I bet the rest of it looks great..... show it!

Cheers to what looks to be a tasteful custom.

Yeah the black-out look wasn't my favorite but the straight, tight car made up for it. The chrome bumpers helped. The black bumpers just made it that much more black.

I tried to post more pics but I got an error message saying I had used up my allowed space. Can you give me some tips for getting more pics posted?
snakemain
Space restrictions are per post, not per account. Either downsize your pics a little or just add additional posts to this thread.
Maicorider
QUOTE(snakemain @ Dec 30 2016, 07:44 PM) *

Space restrictions are per post, not per account. Either downsize your pics a little or just add additional posts to this thread.

Click to view attachment
Maicorider
QUOTE(Maicorider @ Jan 1 2017, 01:19 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Maicorider
QUOTE(Maicorider @ Jan 1 2017, 01:21 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Maicorider
QUOTE(Maicorider @ Jan 1 2017, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Maicorider @ Jan 1 2017, 01:21 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dcheek
More pictures please.

Dave
Maicorider
QUOTE(dcheek @ Jan 2 2017, 05:46 PM) *

More pictures please.

Dave

Can you message me with your e-mail address and I'll send you what I have. I can't seem to figure out how to post more photos.

Chris
bam1957
QUOTE(Maicorider @ Dec 30 2016, 09:44 AM) *

This past July I had a cycling accident and ended up with a lingering hip injury. The entry and seating position of my 914 is really uncomfortable on that hip. As a result, I thought I'd float it out here for sale and see what happens.

The car has always been in DFW and was bought by a friend of mine in 1982. I have seen the car on a regular basis since about 1990. It has always been garaged and has been a fair weather car. It does not have rust and has not been in any accidents. The FI is still in place and the car runs out very well. I'm not sure of the total mileage, the speedo was zeroed out when the motor was last rebuilt and only shows about 1,000 miles right now.

Owner #2 worked in a Porsche restoration shop. Some time around 1990 the car got a color change from yellow to black. This was properly done with panels removed and sprayed inside and out. The car still looks very good but does have a few scratches.

This car doesn't have a totally stock look. I recently did an early chrome bumper conversion on the car and installed an SE style front valance. It looks soooooo much better than it did with the rubber 5mph bumpers. The trim on the car was painted black when the car was painted, windshield trim, pillar trim, .... This could be undone with a little work but it looks very nice the way it is. The top and targa pillars were also stripped of their vinyl and painted.

Over all this is a very nice, straight 914. I hate to see it sit in my garage and not get driven.Click to view attachment

bam1957
Chris,

Car looks great, is it still available? Please email me @ bam11957@verizon.net so we can talk about it.

Thanks, Bruce
Maicorider
QUOTE(bam1957 @ Jan 28 2017, 11:59 PM) *

Chris,

Car looks great, is it still available? Please email me @ bam11957@verizon.net so we can talk about it.

Thanks, Bruce

I just sent you some info via e-maail.

Thanks,
Chris
keely444
Nice car, Great price
mepstein
Car looks great!
liebe
QUOTE(Maicorider @ Dec 30 2016, 03:44 PM) *

Update: I sent the car to Mayo performance for the rear main seal replacement, engine tin repairs and heater installation. The car is now road ready and needs nothing but a good stereo. I had to increase the asking price to $17k due to the repairs.

Is 914 still available ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.