Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why I hate traveling in winter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
As a rule I try to not hook up the trailer and hit the road this time of year, the east coast is just too predictable with snow. But when you get the call, you make it happen, so I white-knuckled it through the PA mountains. The arrival time of 3:56 on the GPS was a nice touch though. Made it home in time for dinner, but it wasn't a fun trip.
Big Len
You've got bigger balls than I do....I wouldn't drive that car in that crap.
boxsterfan
Oh, but so worth the result!!! drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
cary
QUOTE(Big Len @ Dec 30 2016, 06:27 PM) *

Took the words right out of my mouth ...............
somd914
Went through SW PA and Western MD the day before with no issues, but they were lining up the plows and starting to salt the roads, now I see why...
Gunn1
QUOTE(Big Len @ Dec 30 2016, 08:27 PM) *

Looks like the 356 stayed on the trailer and was given a ride through the slop by a tow vehicle.......
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Big Len @ Dec 30 2016, 09:27 PM) *

I would to pick up that car in a heartbeat, in fact I've driven in much worse.
In Canada that's called intermittent flurries, a light dusting.... biggrin.gif
wndsrfr
Now get the salt off of that sweet puppy....
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jan 1 2017, 04:42 AM) *

Now get the salt off of that sweet puppy....

Once I got out of the mountains it switched to rain for awhile and washed away all the salt sins.
draperjojo
I feel your pain. I just had to make a run from Salt Lake to Oak Harbor Washington. I came over Snoqualmie Pass during a winter storm. Hooked onto a trailer in Oak Harbor and couldn't head east due to the Winter storm pounding the PNW. Couldn't head east at Portland or Corvalis...had to drive to Sacramento and head east to Reno and back to Salt Lake.....got to play wag the dog with the trailer on the ice at Donners Pass ..... grrrrrrrr. Glad your trip was okay!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.