Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey 2017 unofficial thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mepstein
Ok. I jumped the gun by one day. biggrin.gif
This isn't the thread to make specific plans for Hershey but more like to spitball ideas and just talk bs. Happy New Year everyone!
Unobtanium-inc
The Unobtanium Crew will be there as usual, probably on the C row. Come by the booth for a FREE gift bag or ask my mom questions about my childhood.
BeatNavy
I believe it's the weekend of April 21. One week after Easter. Hope the weather is as nice as last year...
GaroldShaffer
I will be there with my truck & trailer full of valuable crap I mean parts. biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Dec 31 2016, 10:51 AM) *

I will be there with my truck & trailer full of valuable crap I mean parts. biggrin.gif

Great. Anybody working on a build/restoration better stop by your booth and load up.

Speaking of booths, I'll do the group buy for spaces again if you guys are ok with it.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 31 2016, 08:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Dec 31 2016, 10:51 AM) *

Great. Anybody working on a build/restoration better stop by your booth and load up.

Speaking of booths, I'll do the group buy for spaces again if you guys are ok with it.

I love it when guys do this, it makes buying a lot easier when like minded guys group together. It also helps because when you walk into a booth everyone in it knows what the parts are, because they are all the same car guys.
stevegm
We'll be there. I'm up for whatever everybody wants to do. I sure would like to do the Friday drive. If we can get our car done finally. If Mark can do the booth spaces that's great. I'll take 2.
wndsnd
Thanks for the organization Mark. I am in for a space. Looking forward to seeing everyone
injunmort
i am there and knights inn
Big Len
" ask my mom questions about my childhood." That's a BIG mistake.

And no more Knight's Inn for me. You should have seen the room we had last year, right out of India, New Delhi probably and adjacent to the highway. You guy's remember that wonderful aroma from the farm directly behind after they put down their manure? No, I can't do it. I don't need the Park Avenue Hilton, but Jesus Christ, give me something without all the spiders, the noise, the stink, and a 7 year old mattress. No, I just can't.
mb911
I am seriously considering coming this year and show off heat exchangers and oil tanks.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Big Len @ Dec 31 2016, 03:47 PM) *

And no more Knight's Inn for me. You should have seen the room we had last year, right out of India, New Delhi probably and adjacent to the highway. You guy's remember that wonderful aroma from the farm directly behind after they put down their manure? No, I can't do it. I don't need the Park Avenue Hilton, but Jesus Christ, give me something without all the spiders, the noise, the stink, and a 7 year old mattress. No, I just can't.

The best deal is the Econo Lodge in Hershey, I prefer the Comfort Inn on Mae but it's a little more money. Knights Inn have always scared me a little bit.
TM_Corey
I'm planning on coming with the family and making stops on the way to or way home at Gettysburg and the flight 93 memorial.
injunmort
i am in that flophouse room for maybe 5 hrs, and i dont remember a second of it
jfort
I hope to go again. I agree that a better hotel would be nice.
mepstein
QUOTE(Big Len @ Dec 31 2016, 06:47 PM) *

That's one Hershey tradition I don't participate in. I stay at a place near the park. Clean and quiet.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 31 2016, 09:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Dec 31 2016, 06:47 PM) *

That's one Hershey tradition I don't participate in. I stay at a place near the park. Clean and quiet.

where's the fun in that? confused24.gif rolleyes.gif You guys just need more beer and you will have no memory of it. biggrin.gif beer.gif beer3.gif laugh.gif
Big Len
Garold - There ain't enough tequila in the state.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Big Len @ Dec 31 2016, 09:54 PM) *

Garold - There ain't enough tequila in the state.

I agree, I stay in a lot of hotels, and it doesn't cost that much to find something clean and decent. The Econo Lodge last year was $85 a night, and was decent.
My brother once saved $20 by staying in the Motel 5 instead of the Motel 6, no lie, there was a Motel 5. When he woke in the morning the sun was hitting the ceiling, and he saw the blood, guess they missed that on cleaning day.
Don't get cheap on hotels, bedbugs are real and all kinds of other horrors.
somd914
I'll be there. Had hoped to have the Ravenna green car re-sprayed and ready for Hershey this year, but life got in the way... Likely will be there in the silver car again this year, hopefully running on all four cylinders the entire weekend and no hotel parking lot carb work!

Looking forward to it. And Happy New Year to everyone beerchug.gif
Porschef
Ahhh, yes, Len. I remember all those lovely accouterments provided by the Knight's Inn. Not to mention the skeevy carpet.

But the clincher for me was the 3 hr sheeplove.gif session in the room adjacent to me and the wife. While most impressive, grouphug.gif first.gif the extended conversation following was brutal. Definitely no insulation in dem walls... dry.gif
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 31 2016, 08:41 AM) *

Ok. I jumped the gun by one day. biggrin.gif
This isn't the thread to make specific plans for Hershey but more like to spitball ideas and just talk bs. Happy New Year everyone!

Will just be getting back from the Florida Keys the week before and do plan on being there. No Knights Inn for me and the wife. She refuses to stay there. There were more interesting smells inside the room besides the manure spread out behind that place. Looking for something a bit more civilized and packed with like minded folks. Any thoughts for a better place to drink and sleep
mepstein
Hershey has lots of places to stay. My wife usually goes on booking.com and reads reviews then picks a place. We did a lot of college touring for our two kids and it worked out well to find what we wanted. Reviews are never a guarantee but it worked for us.
wndsnd
I would love to party with the gang, and usually stop over for a couple, but I build up points with Holiday Inn so I stay there. Usually I am about 10 minutes out of Hershey someplace I like the Express - usually fairly new and clean and they give a free breakfast
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 1 2017, 04:13 PM) *

I would love to party with the gang, and usually stop over for a couple, but I build up points with Holiday Inn so I stay there. Usually I am about 10 minutes out of Hershey someplace I like the Express - usually fairly new and clean and they give a free breakfast

I normally stay at Comfort Inn's because of the breakfast is normally decent, but Hershe negates all that since I'm out the door at 5AM, long before the free food starts.
914forme
i'll be there again, and will stay off somewhere besides a Knights Inn. Last year stayed at a Red Roof, and it was a dive.
914dave
Just bumping this to the top. I will have a car this year and planned on the Friday drive and saturday dinner.
Unobtanium-inc
Everyone should have confirmation of their spaces in a couple of weeks, according to the organizers, they are waiting on the vendor stickers and then space confirmations will be in the mail. I'm hoping to be in our usual spot on the C row.
mepstein
QUOTE(914dave @ Jan 14 2017, 07:36 PM) *

Just bumping this to the top. I will have a car this year and planned on the Friday drive and saturday dinner.

smilie_pokal.gif
Cracker
I might try to make this - never have been to this gathering. I've heard enough about the Knights Inn to not stay there - they were even the cheap alternative 20+ years ago when I lived outside DC. No thanks.

Is there any camping (trailer camping) area on or around the grounds?

T
914itis
I'll be there but no more knights inn for me .
Unobtanium-inc
If you are looking for one of the more reasonable priced hotels like the Quality Inn or the Econo Lodge, make your reservations now. They either fill up for prices go way up once you get closer to the event.
I just checked prices and right now they are:
Econo Lodge $98
Comfort Inn $157

The cheapest and probably scariest is only $43, bring your sleeping bag, can of raid, and any other survival things.

RODEWAY INN & SUITES

1733 East Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA, 17033, US

Hope to see everyone there, stop by the Unobtanium booth for a FREE gift bag full of good stuff, we are sponsored by Porsche, Recaro, Hagerty, Restoration Design, Stoddard, just to name a few, which means gift bags full of lots of very cool stuff, and it's all FREE!!!!
Big Len
Just made reservations at The Super 8 Motel at Hershey - $108/night includes hot breakfast and some covered parking, all with pretty good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Checked rates at Knight's Inn - $84.00 a night, breakfast included so long as you like stale Cocoa Puffs served out of a friggen bubble gum vending machine.
914forme
Room Booked, I'll be there again this year, hopefully I won't get sick this year. dry.gif
rgolia
Len - is this the place you are staying at?

Super 8 Hershey
210 Hockersville Road, Hershey, PA, 17033

It is definitely time to move on from the Knights
914dave
I'm booked at the super 8 Friday and Saturday night. Considering the auto cross Sunday.
Big Len
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jan 17 2017, 11:46 AM) *

Super 8 Hershey

Yes, that's it.
rgolia
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jan 17 2017, 12:48 PM) *

QUOTE(rgolia @ Jan 17 2017, 11:46 AM) *

Super 8 Hershey

Yes, that's it.

I am booked. No more knights inn cheer.gif
BeatNavy
I booked last night at the Comfort Inn. While living in austere conditions such as southwest Asia or Panama made me appreciate an actual bed, it also gave me a keen interest in not contracting something infectious. So long Knights Inn barf.gif

RG, I owe you a bottle of wine or something smile.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(914dave @ Jan 17 2017, 12:45 PM) *

I'm booked at the super 8 Friday and Saturday night. Considering the auto cross Sunday.

......Autocross ? in what car pray tell w00t.gif ?
914dave
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 17 2017, 02:18 PM) *

QUOTE(914dave @ Jan 17 2017, 12:45 PM) *

......Autocross ? in what car pray tell w00t.gif ?

hehe. I only have one. It has achieved unicorn status: heard of but never seen! We'll take care of that this year.
rgolia
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jan 17 2017, 01:40 PM) *

I booked last night at the Comfort Inn. While living in austere conditions such as southwest Asia or Panama made me appreciate an actual bed, it also gave me a keen interest in not contracting something infectious. So long Knights Inn barf.gif

RG, I owe you a bottle of wine or something smile.gif

That is a negative, but I will have more of my wine to give to happy 914 owners this year.
Big Len
Really enjoyed the wine....awesome.
rgolia
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jan 17 2017, 07:36 PM) *

Really enjoyed the wine....awesome.

I will bring the complete line of wines this year. Last year we lost our cab and zin, grapes were not good and they made a really bad wine......200 gallons pumped to the woods.

We even did a chardonnay for the ladies.....or an early happy hour.

Car is on the lift and getting preped...can't wait. Last years Friday drive was great.
mepstein
Group buy thread for spaces - sign up now!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=303310
Matty900
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 21 2017, 07:53 PM) *

Group buy thread for spaces - sign up now!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=303310

I'm in for 2 spaces. Now the pressure is really on to get my car done in time to make it out.
914dave
Ok guys, are we going to do a drive on Friday? I'm planning on it even if I have to wing it. Who's planning on being there Friday ? I need and excuse to have lunch at the Devine Swine across from the Renaissance Fair. About 15 minutes from Hershey and I've never been to Gettysburg.
mepstein
QUOTE(914dave @ Feb 13 2017, 06:30 PM) *

Ok guys, are we going to do a drive on Friday? I'm planning on it even if I have to wing it. Who's planning on being there Friday ? I need and excuse to have lunch at the Devine Swine across from the Renaissance Fair. About 15 minutes from Hershey and I've never been to Gettysburg.

Yes. I'm not planning it but we'll be doing a drive on friday. It tradition. driving.gif
914dave
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 13 2017, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(914dave @ Feb 13 2017, 06:30 PM) *

Yes. I'm not planning it but we'll be doing a drive on friday. It tradition. driving.gif

Great!
rgolia
I'm in for the Friday drive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.