Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: has anyone built a Rotisserie ???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevenhaas
Has anyone built a Rotisserie that will fit in a one car garage?? if so can I see some pics?
Mueller
the car is approx. 13 feet, do you have 15 worth of area??

figure the rotisserie will stick out past the body of the car on average of 10" per end, they can be made flusher if you need it....

plenty of pic's here on the site....

Search for "rotisserie"....Britian Smith made a pretty cool one as well as Chris Foley
stevenhaas
thanks I will search for it.... I should have done that to begin with....
Verruckt
Here's a site I was looking at for some ideas...

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/my_9146_gt_pro..._914_rotisserie

It's quite elaborate, especially for what I need. But worth the ideas. I was thinking of "modding" two heavy capacity engine stands as the basis for mine.
736conver
I used two engine stands. Cut them in the middle and extended them about 12 inches. Then just used some square stock to bolt into the bumper holes.
It worked so good that it stay up in the air for a year and made for excellent storage underneath.
william harris
Chris Foley - Racer Chris here - Tangerine Racing - built mine and did a mighty fine job too. Yeah, it will fit in any one car garage.
stevenhaas
cool I just emailed him..... Thanks!!!
william harris
BTW, mine is available to loan to local club members. Right now it is at Eric Sander's house and after that it is promised to a pal up in Ipswich, MA. But, in a couple of months it should be free. Just an idea. biggrin.gif
stevenhaas
oh man that would be AWSOME!!! to buy one its like $900.00 plus shipping.... just found it on their site! Boy if you could put me on that list that would be great! Hell I will give ya rental fee.... hehehhehe still be cheaper then buying one! rocking nana.gif
Lou W
Damn, too bad you on the right coast, I sure could use one here in So Cal for a month or two. dry.gif
william harris
Steven: you are on the list. Call me if you want at the office (978) 921-2929. You gotta be willing to come up to Massachusetts and transport it. Think about what you are going to do (rust repair?) and make sure you have all the materials & tools you need. But I have no problem with you using the thing as long as you need it. Hell, mine was on the thing for over a year (mostly waiting for the media blasting and paint). You can PM me with your contact details. Best Regards. This is what makes the 914 club the best damn club there is. mueba.gif
BIGKAT_83
I built a rotisserie for my project and hope to have My car off it in a few months. I would be more than happy to let anyone local (atlanta)use it. If you are restoring a 914 this the only way to go.

Bob

ChrisFoley
QUOTE (stevenhaas @ Apr 28 2005, 04:48 PM)
just found it on their site!

I'm glad you found it. I haven't had time to reply to your email yet, sorry.
Actually, the way steel prices have been that price might have to be increased anyway.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Lou W @ Apr 28 2005, 12:55 PM)
Damn, too bad you on the right coast, I sure could use one here in So Cal for a month or two. dry.gif

You might ask Britian about his since his 912 is on the ground now...
Lou W
Neo914   Posted on Apr 28 2005, 07:58 PM
QUOTE (Lou W @ Apr 28 2005, 12:55 PM)

You might ask Britian about his since his 912 is on the ground now...

That would be great, I know it wouldn't be any longer than a couple of months, and I'd be willing to rent it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.