Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's another short racing video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
You can see whats ahead in this video: 2002 NARRC Runoffs
rhodyguy
thanks for the ride. you set the person in the blue car up nicely. what was it? a nissan? iirc from the stf days, you run a 1.7. is that still the case? how about some details on your engine parameters. those bmw's can be pesky. a guy shows up @ the sovern races with one and his rig screams.

kevin
Demick
Nice! Lime Rock looks like a great track. At least now I know that you really do race. From that last video, I was wondering if it was filmed in your garage with a grey sheet thrown over the windshield and I was going to comment on your exceptional talent for making race car sounds with your voice! driving.gif

Demick
Jeroen
Great driving and nice lines!
Very cool you got back at that white/light colored car

cheers,

Jeroen
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 27 2003, 07:29 AM)
thanks for the ride. you set the person in the blue car up nicely. what was it? a nissan? iirc from the stf days, you run a 1.7. is that still the case? how about some details on your engine parameters. those bmw's can be pesky. a guy shows up @ the sovern races with one and his rig screams.

kevin

Nissan Sentra tube frame GT4 car. He is in the rain video as well.
I've been running this 1.7 engine since last July. It has a Webcam 86a with stock valves, HD springs, unported, 10:1 comp, dry sump.
That GT4 Bimmer passed me easily, caught up to the Opel in a couple laps. He then slowed down quite a bit. I caught and passed him, and never saw him again in the race.
It was actually a pretty boring race for me as I had no direct competition.
rick 918-S
Wild! I like how you can see the action in the rear view mirror too. Do it again! boldblue.gif Did you say you passed the Bimmer later in the race or the Opal?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Demick @ Jun 27 2003, 07:31 AM)
Nice! Lime Rock looks like a great track. At least now I know that you really do race. From that last video, I was wondering if it was filmed in your garage with a grey sheet thrown over the windshield and I was going to comment on your exceptional talent for making race car sounds with your voice! driving.gif

Demick

I have logged well over 10,000 miles at Lime Rock, less than 1000 in the rain over a span of 18 years. It's pretty easy to get the basics, but 3 of the corners take some big balls and a lot of practice to go through them as fast as possible. With a 914 good lap times depend a lot on conserving momentum.

Sshh, you are the only one who figured out my little secret, laugh.gif vroom, vroom
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Jun 27 2003, 04:38 PM)
Did you say you passed the Bimmer later in the race or the Opal?

I passed the Bimmer, easily, only a few laps later. Just as I passed him an Acura went by to pick up second overall. I followed the Acura (E Production) at a short distance for a while, then late in the race he found his rhythm and disappeared. He eventually passed the Opel for the overall win. BTW, that Opel had a contre-temps with the Red Fiat in the other video, which brought out the pace car. It did some damage to the Opel, but not real extensive.
ChrisFoley
Here's a picture of me on the pre-grid, waiting for the previous race to end.
IPB Image
Gint
That was cool Chris. Thanks for posting the link.
driver66
DAMNIT, I wish i was remotely close to a track so i could race ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,damnit im in frikin center illinois
headbang.gif
KaptKaos
Thanks for posting the video clips.

Nice lines.

I was wondering where that '02 came from.

In the pic of your car prior to a start, is that the Opel next to you? Back when those came out, with the 1.9, the Manta and the GT were popular (from what I've read, I am a little young to know first hand). You don't see many any more.

Thanks again.

- Joe assimilate.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.