Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the chance?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PlantMan
This car has been around for several years at this specific location. I think I first saw this car 5 years ago but at the time I did not pay much attention to it other than seeing it parked in this lot. It is located within a storage parking area of an upscale neighborhood near me and I saw it today for the first time in probably a year. It has been moved from another parked location within the lot but I have not witnessed anyone actually driving it. I took this single photo from my phone which would explain the quality. It is located on private property so getting up close will be a challenge unless I want to trespass which I am not willing to do at the moment. I will try to get a few additional pics next time I am by the lot. I can only assume that the person who owns it knows what they have and would not be willing to part with it given the neighborhood in which it is located.
A few more pics/vin would be helpful I know. It would just be easier to ask a local in the area but I hardly see any people within the lot.
California blue plates and looks like a 70/71.Click to view attachment
billh1963
You're going to have to get in there to look at the VIN.....it's the only way
maddin
..do you know anybody with a 500mm lens? blink.gif
sb914
QUOTE(maddin @ Jan 2 2017, 03:55 AM) *

evilgrin.gif I do !
Coondog
I thought 6s didn't come with front side bulbs ???
sb914
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jan 2 2017, 06:35 AM) *

Bone stock 6.not mine! Click to view attachment
Coondog
Learn something everyday.... smile.gif
mbseto
QUOTE(maddin @ Jan 2 2017, 06:55 AM) *

Got a 1219. Yeah, that's focal length, not displacement. :-)
rhodyguy
Chances are 50/50.
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(mbseto @ Jan 2 2017, 09:41 AM) *

Damn! With that you could read the window tag VIN from a quarter mile away.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jan 2 2017, 06:35 AM) *
confused24.gif

They all had to comply with US regulations, warts and all ...
shades.gif
JRust
If it is private property is there not staff around? How do people get in & out of the lot? Can you just walk in? I'd to talk with anyone in the lot first. If you can't find anyone & can walk up to the car despite it being private property. Walk up & take a look. I don't think anyone is going to freak out to much unless you are trying to get in. People take pictures of my 914 all the time without permission. Whether it is on private property or out in the open. You never know. The guy might have a business card sitting on his dash with his number confused24.gif . Just don't look like a freak & I'm sure you will be fine. If someone yells at you politely go up to the person. Ask them if they know the owner. You own a 914 as well & were just hoping to get in touch with them.

Hell I follow people home in 914's any chance I get happy11.gif . Granted they are few & far between. Typically I only do that if I am in my 914. Might freak people out a little more otherwise. Still that has only happened maybe half a dozen times to me. I just don't see that many random 914's. Especially ones I don't already know
sixnotfour
here is another
Tom_T
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jan 2 2017, 07:35 AM) *

If you're referring to the round front side markers, then ALL USA 914s had them, & the rear side markers are integrated into the rear lights at the turn. The only way without them is either a "shaved"/covered/removed 914, or a non-USA car. IIRC the Canadians also required sidemarkers.

US-DOT started requiring side marker lights in the late 60's - 68-ish IIRC, so all use cars had them in some form or another.

I'm sure all of your other classic cars have them if post-requirement Coondog.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mbseto
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Jan 2 2017, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(mbseto @ Jan 2 2017, 09:41 AM) *

Damn! With that you could read the window tag VIN from a quarter mile away.

Easily. It's actually a telescope with a camera mount. I take pictures of planets and rock climbers.
rgalla9146
If someone is paying a monthly fee to store it, it's valued.
I say 'yes', 75% chance it's a 6
RoadGlue
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 2 2017, 12:05 PM) *

here is another

That's my old car in front of my old trailer, maybe around 2005. Just a /4
TJB/914
914-6 Spec. Sheet & what to look for beer.gif

bye1.gif
Rand
What is the obsession with speculation? Go figure it out for real in person, or let it go. confused24.gif
Seems people are getting less comfortable with the phrase, shit or get off the pot. GO figure it out. Don't sit on something like this.
sixnotfour
agree.gif
its an open lot ..no fence in pic, you cant afford it anyway ,,unless it goes to auction like what is it 914114
Rand
Lmao.
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 2 2017, 09:11 PM) *

What is the obsession with speculation? Go figure it out for real in person, or let it go. confused24.gif
Seems people are getting less comfortable with the phrase, shit or get off the pot. GO figure it out. Don't sit on something like this.

Sometimes I sit on the pot till my ass goes num! I don't see a problem with obsession
gms
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Jan 2 2017, 07:57 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 2 2017, 12:05 PM) *

here is another

That's my old car in front of my old trailer, maybe around 2005. Just a /4

I thought that looked like your old place (trailer)
RoadGlue
QUOTE(gms @ Jan 3 2017, 09:03 AM) *

a /4
I thought that looked like your old land yacht of love (trailer)

There, I fixed that for ya.
PlantMan
QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 2 2017, 08:11 PM) *

Like I said in my opening response, 'Unless I want to trespass.' Never said I had a problem with trespassing. At the time it was not convenient to do so.
I also know someone who can 'run' the license plates too.
Rand
Sorry, just anticipating with you. What are you going to do next?
PlantMan
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 2 2017, 08:35 PM) *

agree.gif
its an open lot ..no fence in pic, you cant afford it anyway ,,unless it goes to auction like what is it 914114

I can afford it....
All I do is direct my kids tuition money into the 914 fund.....
PlantMan
QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 3 2017, 01:53 PM) *

Sorry, just anticipating with you. What are you going to do next?

No need to be sorry.

I appreciate the, 'Shit or get off the pot' quote. That sums-up most of our society nowadays.

Unobtanium-inc
There are a couple of tricks to see a car, a couple that come to mind are:
1. Chasing your dog and oh, "is that a Porsche?"
2. I've donned bird watching binoculars and tramped through the woods and oh, "is that a Porsche?"

Think creative and act stupid if caught, there is no law against stupid. We have a saying, "What is someone going to do, double not sell you the car?"
mbseto
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 3 2017, 05:21 PM) *

There are a couple of tricks to see a car, a couple that come to mind are:
1. Chasing your dog and oh, "is that a Porsche?"
2. I've donned bird watching binoculars and tramped through the woods and oh, "is that a Porsche?"

Think creative and act stupid if caught, there is no law against stupid. We have a saying, "What is someone going to do, double not sell you the car?"

If you end up on my grandma's property, you could get shot. If she thinks you're stupid, chances of getting shot go up.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(PlantMan @ Jan 3 2017, 04:01 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 2 2017, 08:35 PM) *

agree.gif

I can afford it....
All I do is direct my kids tuition money into the 914 fund.....

College is a waste of money anyway, much better to invest in cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.