Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What have we here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gunn1
Hmmmmmm

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
There are several threads in the "Originality and History" forum dedicated to those markings ...
shades.gif
Gunn1
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 2 2017, 04:38 PM) *

There are several threads in the "Originality and History" forum dedicated to those markings ...
shades.gif

Care to comment on what search terms I should use while looking for the threads you are suggesting........... shades.gif
rgalla9146
.......a bus engine ?
G e o r g e

I stand corrected.
Gunn1
Def not a bus engine, or a cement mixer.

Click to view attachment

always thought the small pulley was for the pollution pump.
rgalla9146
The extra pulley is for an air pump which was used on both Bay window buses and some 914s
The timing advance indicator was on buses only. It would be impossible to see on a 914. It could not be seen no less point a timing light at it.
Which way is the white/red timing instruction label facing ? it reads from one direction on a bus and the opposite for a 914.
Three stud heads do not a 2 liter make.
Bus fan shroud does not a bus engine make.
Find the numbers.
Gunn1
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 2 2017, 06:07 PM) *

The extra pulley is for an air pump which was used on both Bay window buses and some 914s
The timing advance indicator was on buses only. It would be impossible to see on a 914. It could not be seen no less point a timing light at it.
Which way is the white/red timing instruction label facing ? it reads from one direction on a bus and the opposite for a 914.
Find the numbers.

1975 914 2.0 liter-engine serial GC 001908
Gunn1
QUOTE(Gunn1 @ Jan 2 2017, 06:34 PM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 2 2017, 06:07 PM) *

Find the numbers.

1975 914 2.0 liter-engine serial GC 001908

What else would a three stud head make? was always told that the three studs were 2.0 liter and 2.0 liter only.
rgalla9146
So, what was the question ?
Gunn1
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 2 2017, 07:46 PM) *

So, what was the question ?

Partially answered

re the timing marks which didn't make sense to me because of their location and not being able to get at/ use them.

The engine number identifies a 2.0 liter engine that is original to the car. (COA)
J
The emissions tag in red print is orientated so it can be read normally if the engine where in the car. Not upside down if it were originally out of a bus. So it must have been a universally used part on differing models (buses and 914's) whatever was available at the time type of thing. Prob more likely seen as part of having /needing the emissions pulley too.

At least I know where I can find a pulley for my cement mixer. lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Thanks

Dave_Darling
Somebody stuck a Bus timing scale on a 914 engine. What's the big deal?

Three-stud heads are either 2.0 heads, or someone spent a bunch of money welding up the four-stud heads and re-drilling to three-stud pattern. The spark plugs are also in the 2.0 locations, so if these are not 2.0 heads someone spent more money to move the plugs.

If someone did that work, they probably set the rest of the heads up identical to, or better than, the stock 2.0 heads.

--DD
Rand
Bulldog9
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 2 2017, 04:07 PM) *

Find the numbers.

The 912E also had that extra pulley for the air pump.
TheCabinetmaker
Do not reply to this thread or any other post this shithead makes
rick 918-S
I have no skin in this game. What part of the questions here were unreasonable? As long as I have owned 914's and been on these forums I have never seen that timing tape or seen a thread about them. Lets look beyond the person posting. If you don't have something positive to contribute please refrain from posting and name calling
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gunn1 @ Jan 2 2017, 03:00 PM) *
Care to comment on what search terms I should use while looking for the threads you are suggesting........... shades.gif

I went to the search page, selected the "Originality and History" forum instead of the default garage and added the search term "markings" (sans the quotes).

That gave me 2 pages of results with all the relevant threads mixed in.
Took me less than a minute to find 5 or so that were informative and on topic.
smile.gif
Rand
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 3 2017, 05:45 AM) *

I have no skin in this game. What part of the questions here were unreasonable?

It wasn't his question that's unreasonable. It's the reputation he made for himself here. You can't trust anything he says.

You are a good man, Rick.
Gunn1
QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 3 2017, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 3 2017, 05:45 AM) *

I have no skin in this game. What part of the questions here were unreasonable?

It wasn't his question that's unreasonable. It's the reputation he made for himself here. You can't trust anything he says.

You are a good man, Rick.

I am a good man too.

I haven't lied, I haven't sold anyone incorrect or misrepresented parts, I haven't over charged anyone for any parts.

I work hard, take care of my kids and family, and enjoy 914's just like everyone here does.

The need to make me into something I'm not speaks more to your Demeanor than mine.
Rand
The need to make me into something I'm not speaks more to your Demeanor than mine.

I'm not making you into anything. You (and your other aliases) earned your reputation all by yourself. My demeanor is forgiving though, so it's up to you now. I haven't seen any signs of remorse, so I remain skeptical. But time will tell. You are off to a good start, so I respect that.
Happy new year, and to new beginnings! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.