Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: head light switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mk114
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7969250400&rd=1

hehehehehehehe

you gota see this to belive it
bd1308
i'm just glad i have a extra...are these things that hard to come by?
mk114
i don't know I have three never burned one up
tat2dphreak
Rich? is there a decimal place off somewhere? is this a NOS item?

seems very odd for HPH, usually good deals... there's got to be something we're missing?
Mueller
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Apr 28 2005, 10:20 AM)
Rich? is there a decimal place off somewhere? is this a NOS item?

seems very odd for HPH, usually good deals... there's got to be something we're missing?

Pelican lists them at 385.90 brand new, so Richs price is 75% off, not that bad if you think about it...yes, it's a little pricey, but what are your options if you don't have a good one or can find one??

Sooner or later, the good spares that we all have are going to run out or a few people will horde them and not just give them away.

tat2dphreak
thanks Mueller, that's what we were missing... I didn't think they were still available..
mk114
yes but a vw switch from checker or pep boys it 26.95 and is the same switch just doesn't have same pull arm so you through thers awy and use the porsche one
Mueller
QUOTE (mk114 @ Apr 28 2005, 12:13 PM)
yes but a vw switch from checker or pep boys it 26.95 and is the same switch just doesn't have same pull arm

to some people, if it is not a 100% exact replacement, then it's not worth trying to save money by "rigging" up something else smash.gif

a bunch of toggle switches would work as well, but not too many people will go down that path.....I actually had an old Datsun pickup truck with toggle operated turnsignals...goofy as heck, but they worked...

not sure what goes out/wears out in these switches, mabey they can be rebuilt/refurbished ?????
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 28 2005, 02:19 PM)
not sure what goes out/wears out in these switches, mabey they can be rebuilt/refurbished ?????

often it's a combination of guys trying to run 100/130 H4 headlights without relays, inadequate wiring, and really crappy grounds.

that switch was never designed to operate 200W.

the current goes up, the contacts melt, the plastic melts, the contacts distort from the heat - regular horror show in there.

if it were just a matter of the contacts wearing, that could be restored. once the plastic housing melts into your carpet, your options are limited.

use relays, and clean your grounds.
jwalters
biggrin.gif The switching unit from a 1979 ( and same body style years ) chev camaro will just about bolt in--29 bucks from chev---you just need a schematic to hook up the teener posts to the chev posts---and a small brace, just use parts from your kids erector set-- rolleyes.gif
tat2dphreak
yes but a vw switch from checker or pep boys it 26.95 and is the same switch just doesn't have same pull arm

to some people, if it is not a 100% exact replacement, then it's not worth trying to save money by "rigging" up something else smash.gif

a bunch of toggle switches would work as well, but not too many people will go down that path.....I actually had an old Datsun pickup truck with toggle operated turnsignals...goofy as heck, but they worked...

LOL, be careful Mueller, I'm the guy who wired up a push-start button because I couldn't find a good ignition switch! never underestimate how cheap I can be! biggrin.gif

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Apr 28 2005, 01:21 PM)

LOL, be careful Mueller, I'm the guy who wired up a push-start button because I couldn't find a good ignition switch! never underestimate how cheap I can be! biggrin.gif

are you the one who put plywood bumpers on for talimena?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.