Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My starting problem!?!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nsyr
I have a 72 with a fresh rebuilt 2.0 that I can't get to turn over. It does turn over good with the plugs out but when i put them in it stops on any given compression stroke. The starter is new, the cables are new (short 4 gauge), and the battery is good. The engine turns by hand but is a little stiff when opening valves (plugs out). Could it be that the valve adjustment is done wrong causing extra resistance? I know the cam-crank timing is right. I am at a lost right now and i need help wacko.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (nsyr @ Apr 28 2005, 10:14 AM)
I am at a lost right now and i need help

double check the valve adjustement.
put in the plugs but take off the plug wires (no spark) and see if that makes a difference ofr the better, if so, the timing is completely off ...

wink.gif Andy
nsyr
When i had the plugs in the wires were not connected. The fuel isn't hooked up either so it can't be timing. Right now i am just trying to turn it over before trying to start it.
SirAndy
you got heavier (or double) valve springs? i can't turn my engine over by hand (dual springs) ...

i'd check the valves first ...
smash.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.