Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhausted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
I am wondering if anyone has a photo of their desired approach to using headers on a 3.0 conversion?

I have a set of decent headers to fit my 3.0SC heads but they stop short of the mating locations on my Dansk muffler that is well hung on the tranny mount bracket. my theory is that the headers were made from a stock SC heat exchanger setup which would need the crossover pipe in stock format / therefore stopping short of mating to the muffler in the SC application.

There are two pieces of the header pipe setup that I am missing / The two pieces that mate the headers to the muffler,.... and maybe I will not find a source for these pieces but rather, have to fab them in the shop.

It is a long shot, but maybe someone has a picture of the completed puzzle.

Sidebar: I bought the headers from my pal Larmo63 and we did not know the brand or origin so I don't have that tiny bit of all-important info as well....

In the sage words of Robert Palmer,....... Clues?
Dave_Darling
See my response on the Bird board: Your headers are likely set up for megaphones, which are longer than the muffler. I believe that George Narbel at European Headers makes/made the extender pipes to fit a stock-location muffler on, or you could have someone local make them up for you.

Or you could see if someone wants to do a trade.

--DD
mb911
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 3 2017, 01:29 PM) *

See my response on the Bird board: Your headers are likely set up for megaphones, which are longer than the muffler. I believe that George Narbel at European Headers makes/made the extender pipes to fit a stock-location muffler on, or you could have someone local make them up for you.

Or you could see if someone wants to do a trade.

--DD

+1 yup
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.