Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-bay gem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JWest
Check out the pefect floor and like new front trunk! rolleyes.gif

And can't you tell it is perfectly rust free?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2421365889
Lawrence
That ad has to be a spoof.
tod914
Yup its a beauty. I think the seller should be the poster boy for a reason why sniffing glue in no good for you.
Lawrence
This 2.0 was originally equipped with front and rear sway bars, center console, dual horns, mahle alloy wheels, painted bumpers, no-slide vinyl, and rear annodized roll bar, trim.

This was the so-called "non apperance group 2.0," very rare by same standard.

The quarter panel and fender damaged is easily repaired. We have totally serviced this car so it is ready for the drive home. The transmission is smooth, the engine runs well but has a number four cylinder weak rod bearing.

Was originally equipped? Was equipped with alloy wheels, center console, dual horns? What happened to the stuff?

And about that no-slide vinyl... does that help during autocross? smile.gif

Ready for the drive home... as long as you don't need turn signals. hehheehhe
Malmz
So did AA get a new Ebay pusher named Parker? Just curious...

They seem to do pretty well on their Ebay transactions, wonder why a new user name unless they are going to have two of them working it now. My guess would be a parts pusher and a car pusher, but we'll have to wait and see how the drama unfolds.

Hey Zois, you like AA? LOL.

sm
Lawrence
Hi Steve!

It's gotta be a spoof... really.

-Lawrence
tod914
Parker
more like parker and forget about her.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Malmz @ Jun 27 2003, 09:48 AM)
So did AA get a new Ebay pusher named Parker? Just curious...

i think someone got burned by AA and is now making fun of them and their ebay-ad style ...

Andy
Malmz
I don't know. I CAN be slightly gullable, but normally not too.

The evidence this may be real:
- it has a vin number on the auction and shows
- someone invested ~$50 into the ad by placing a real car ad instead of a parts ad
- the price is in the target range of what I think they would think they could get
- they refer to "we", and note that they only accept wire transfers on cars, not Paypal like they seem to on parts

hmmm.
AZ914
Strange... reserve not met yet.. ? laugh.gif
Lawrence
Good Fender... $100
Good Quarter... $150
Turn signal & bucket... $50
Rear taillight... $50
New carpet kit... $150
Mahle wheels... $350
Tires... $250 (and up)
Center Console with Gauges... $200
Horn grill.. $35
Horn... $25
Marine Clean, Metal Ready and POR-15... $70
Dash Cover... $70.00
Steel Rocker Panels... $150
Headlight cover... $10
Seat cushon... $30
Rear bumper cap... $200
Side turn signals, pair... 70.00
Body work and paint job... 3500.00

Pre-purchase inspection - Priceless.
Ferg
mad.gif If it is a real add, they should be ashamed of themselves, there is a place for these types of people devil.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Let's hope this is a spoof. Otherwise we sunk to a new low in "truth in advertising". Showing pics of all the rust and calling it "Totally rust free" jeezz rolleyes.gif
ninefourteener
It's definately a spoof. I think someone bought something from AA for the last time. The proof is down by all the pictures...look at the comments he made about specifics on the car.... "perfect floor"??? LOL

I laughed my ass off though!!

Gotta give the guy credit. Looks like he got dicked over one too many times by AA, and it was worth the 50 bucks to spoof them.

Here's to parkerautoatlanta..... beerchug.gif
Curvie Roadlover
"beautiful, like new" HAHA laugh.gif
serge914
So that must be the " like new starter"............

IPB Image[B]
VegasRacer
It sure seems like a spoof to me. wink.gif
It is a new seller as of June 25th, with no prior history.
Check out the other items for sale by the same seller.
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISA...utoatlanta&rd=1
All of them are AUTOATLANTA.
I love this line in the one description - If you ever brought your car down here and Dr. 914 saw your seat racks he would probably puke at the thought of them.
tod914
Looks like he got dicked over one too many times by AA, and it was worth the 50 bucks to spoof them.

That 50 is still cheaper than the shipping they'll charge you for a fif-T cent gasket
Malmz
Hate to tell you guys, but based on the other auctionS under the same user name, looks like this one is legit. smilie_pokal.gif

What was their other seller id? Wonder if it's still active?

sm
tryan
as mr t says ' pity the fool '
Malmz
God, I just be bored... or just hot, tired, and sore from dropping the motor...

I like this part on their other aucitons:

"I proudly support my parts supplier, Automobile Atlanta.
All new customers will receive a FREE Automobile Atlanta CD Catalog and Video.
For more information see their website."

THEN, do a mouse over on the Paypal logo. Hmmm, it links to https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=treadway@.com
mike_the_man
I sent the guy an email, just to see if he was serious. This is what he replied with:
Yeah, the add is serious. I didn't actually write the description, my boss
did. the rust in the front pan isn't really rust. When I opened it, it was
full of dead leaves and I had to clean those out as best as I could. there
is some water damage but nothing that a steel brush couldn't take care of.

The rust in the front pan isn't really rust??? Huh?? On the plus side, I got a very prompt response. it only took him about 15 mins to reply.
vortrex
we should get everyone on 914world.com to start a bidding frenzy and raise the price to about $100k. biggrin.gif
Malmz
Sorry to those that don't like the AA bashing, but I think I'm gonna pee my pants... Check this bute out:

http://autoatlanta.com/carsearchinclude2.l...ber=299&-search

Come on! laugh.gif I need to start selling some cars again.........
vortrex
AA is truly insane.
TheCabinetmaker
Spoof or not, I laughed till I fell out of my chair!!!
Looks like someone at AA lost the "I'm dumber than you are" bet. By the way, who made them the "914 world headquarters?

CC
Bleyseng
$3950 for that!! Damn, you can find 912Es up here all together and nice for that price around the NW.

That's a $300 project car.

Geoff
rhodyguy
infirm inlaws, lost hobby space, bull shit. the wife told him get that peice of crap out of here . guess he sheetrocked the garage. do you think aa can supply non-exisistant h.e.'s for a reasonable price? the fire must have done wonders for ALL the body panels. scraping the barrel down south these days.

kevin
Mike D.
I also sent an e-mail asking if he didn't accidently post the wrong pics. this is what I got back...

"Yeah, those are the correct photos. The front fender on the passenger side is damaged and will need to be repaired. The car does run great, it starts quicker than most of the other ones I've driven."

parker@autoatlanta.com

This shit is unbelievable. It even says in the add that one of the "rods is bad." The engine needs to be rebuilt. I'll give them $50.

tongue.gif lol2.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

-Mike D.
rhodyguy
so what if the rod is bad. it runs GREAT, starts quicker... blink.gif. like he had a stop watch for when he turned the key. did you pretend you knew nothing about porsche's? if i knew how to do it i would send him a link to this topic.

kevin
URY914
I could tell from the pictures it was in AA's parking lot and the car was in Marritta Ga.

Buyer beware...

Paul
Malmz
LOL.

Naaaaaaa, they pretty much take care of that by themselves...

sm
Qarl
What is CSOBOSC?
Malmz
Very exclusive, non-elitists group. Extremely hard to join, the requirements are somewhat genetic. I know there are both CSOBOMA and CSOBONC chapters as well. Kind of like Fight Club, but no violence and a lot of Pick a Parts involved. biggrin.gif
Qarl
No Habla Espanol! huh?
Lawrence
You forgot CSOBOKS....

-Rusty
not just a member, but a chapter founder
Malmz
By looking at your conversion project, ya don't need to worry too much about it, ya aren't going to be accepted!

C heap
SOB (you can figure that one out...)
O f
SC (locale)

If I remember correctly, there are 6 founding members...

sm
Qarl
sad.gif

Well fine. I just founded STMFMOMC!
SirAndy
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jun 27 2003, 09:51 PM)
Well fine. I just founded STMFMOMC!

ST upid
MF (you can figure that one out...)
MOM
C lub

??????
Qarl
Spending too much f-ing money on my car!

That was pretty funny, Andy! laugh.gif
GWN7
If that car gets any bids, I'm going to list the two pieces of the 72 that I have up at the farm. I'll even bolt the doors back on.....Shipping will be cheap, two pallets should do.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 27 2003, 09:53 PM)
If that car gets any bids, I'm going to list the two pieces of the 72 that I have up at the farm. I'll even bolt the doors back on.....Shipping will be cheap, two pallets should do.

Hey, I have one of those in my back yard as well!

Maybe we can work out a two for one deal. laugh.gif
Or is that 4 halfs for one? rolleyes.gif
Anton
This chassis is one of the cleanest we have seen and is the perfect candidate for a light restoration.

Mmm, interesting perspective to see this as a light restoration. Makes me curious to what is considered to be a major restoration. Welding a new 914 out of tin cans perhaps?

I didn't realize the temperature gets that high in Georgia. Someone is definitely suffering from heat stroke. icon8.gif
DrifterJay
Tod, I dont think that guy is sniffing glue...its something more serious...like paintchips... tongue.gif
Wow, that car is frightening...some poor sap will go online and be wow!! lookee heere I can get a pooorscha ral cheap. People frighten me.
Jared
TheCabinetmaker
Only a moron would bid on that car after looking at the rest of them in that price range. I also emailed the guy and asked"is this for real or have you lost your frigging mind?" No response!!!! Imagine that
Rouser
I think George might be testing this "parkerautoatlanta" guy to see if he can pawn off a $300 basketcase for $2.5K; you know, like Gordon Gecko in "Wall Street."

If someone buys that box-of-rocks, than Treadway gets shoved over to "Receiving" and parkerautoatlanta gets the desk with the shop light over it.
Curvie Roadlover
I sent this message to the seller 2 days ago and have not yet gotten a reply:
Your ad says "totally rust free" There is lots of rust in the photos. Were these the wrong
photos? a different car than the ad describes? what is going on near the rear trunk lock? Do
all the missing pieces (passenger seat cusion, headlight covers, left side marker, carpet, fog
light grill to name just a few) come with the car?
Still 0 bids. what a shock! wacko.gif
Mike's2nd914
What a piece of shit! smilie_pokal.gif
EdwardBlume
I think the Olympic blue is kind of nice..... but rust as a second tone is not practical.

devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif
ninefourteener
I think I'd pay more for the steering wheel than for the rest of the car.

Sorry.... I had to do it...... I sent the owner a link to this forum....LOL

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.