Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kindigit Designs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Well since I live so close to this shop I'm gonna take a run down there and check it out. I will take plenty of pics, this guy does amazing work.
KELTY360
popcorn[1].gif

I really enjoyed his Futureliner build.
flat4guy
A friend went and said he was a great guy, even took him around the shop. Let us know how it goes.
Frankvw
I like his show. He always has a VW standing in the corner in several episodes, i never saw an episode that handled a VW. If you have a chance to get a pic of that...would love to see what he did to that!
tygaboy
QUOTE(Frankvw @ Jan 4 2017, 10:26 AM) *

I like his show. He always has a VW standing in the corner in several episodes, i never saw an episode that handled a VW. If you have a chance to get a pic of that...would love to see what he did to that!

Last night featured a 21 window bus!
Frankvw
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jan 4 2017, 01:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Frankvw @ Jan 4 2017, 10:26 AM) *

Last night featured a 21 window bus!

Well....we are some seasons behind in Europe I guess :-)
rhodyguy
Is the show on velocity?
mramber
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 4 2017, 03:24 PM) *

Is the show on velocity?

Yes, its called Bitch-n Rides. Dave is an awesome designer, I'd love to meet him in person
raynekat
One of my favorite shows currently on TV.
Builds are interesting and the characters are too wacky.

To me Graveyard Carz has taken a turn for the worst this year.
Mark is getting stranger and stranger, and it seems like the episodes concentrate on crazy personal relationships too much...not enough on the actual super cool Mopar cars.
jmitro
I like watching Bitchin Rides and FantomWorks.

Graveyard Carz is full of a bunch of morons
BK911
QUOTE(jmitro @ Jan 4 2017, 05:44 PM) *

Agreed. But my favorite is still wheeler dealers.
Nutter965
QUOTE(BK911 @ Jan 4 2017, 11:26 PM) *

And they even did a 914 in the U.K. !

But I have to agree bitchin rides is very very cool ... I can only dream !
flmont
All True,..I bet B.rides could do a sharp 914,.I also like (the Guild) ,.their from Canada I think
Mueller
Never seen or heard of the show, neat cars from what I see on their website, might have to search and record an episode.
mgp4591
QUOTE(jmitro @ Jan 4 2017, 03:44 PM) *

I agree but their quality of work looks amazing. You've gotta give it to them for craftsmanship and always remember, any show like that is heavily led by editing! And Wheeler Dealers I watch with a critical eye because if you're talking about a mechanic making a living in the real world, Edd is getting the shaft BIGTIME!!
Cairo94507
I wish I had the money and garage space to have Dave Kindig build me a cool street rod. My wife wanted the VW bus they did last night. He, IMHO, is the best builder out there. He has a great eye for design, color, style. I like Graveyard Cars too, but agree there is just to much BS with the staff and personalities. Mark definitely knows Mopars though. If I had a 440 Cuda I would want him to restore it. Fantom Works is also a great show with some very nice builds.
Coondog
By far his shop does the best mods of any of the TV car shows.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Nutter965 @ Jan 4 2017, 03:39 PM) *

QUOTE(BK911 @ Jan 4 2017, 11:26 PM) *

And they even did a 914 in the U.K. !

But I have to agree bitchin rides is very very cool ... I can only dream !

My front bumper was installed on that car !!! My 5 seconds of fame
StratPlayer
Just got back from visiting Kindigit Design. Didn't get to meet Dave he was in a telephone conference.. I took a few pics of what he had on display, also enter a drawing to win a roaster they did. Going to give it away on the 19th of July. Would be something if I won the roadster. Pic. of the roaster behind one of the bronze hotrods he has on display.

EnjoyClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
moreClick to view attachment
StratPlayer
moreClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
more
raynekat
I was lucky enough with a friend to meet Dave and Kevin (Kev-dog) at the local hot rod show a few months back here in Portland. They are both great guys.

Yeah, my dream would be to take him a 69 Camaro and be able to let him loose.

BTW....I'm the funny looking tall guy. Peace baby...

Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
I don't have cable anymore but I always enjoyed Kindig it. Someone needs to do an AWD 914.
StratPlayer
PMB performance is doing an AWD 914
infraredcalvin
There was an AWD 356 at Luftgekuhlt... I believe it was on 964 drivetrain...
stanthedog
I think the show with the guild is phantom motor works.
maf914
QUOTE(stanthedog @ May 8 2017, 01:11 PM) *

I was curious about these two shows, so I googled them. I actually like them both and wanted to know their locations.

The Guild show is Restoration Garage on Velocity filmed in Bradford, Ontario, Canada.

Phantom Works on Velocity is filmed in Norfolk, Virginia.

Both garages have web sites.
anderssj
QUOTE(maf914 @ May 8 2017, 06:10 PM) *

QUOTE(stanthedog @ May 8 2017, 01:11 PM) *

Phantom Works on Velocity is filmed in Norfolk, Virginia.

Fantom Works used to host an shop tour/open house on FRI afternoons--very interesting if you get the chance!
flmont
the profit margin must be incredible for some of those builds,..1800 man hrs,..at what ever amount of $$$ because those shops are pretty sweet and all the employee's,..!!
MoveQik
Dave and I are pretty tight. Or.....maybe I hassled him for a pic at Barrett-Jackson this year. biggrin.gif

McLovin
QUOTE(jmitro @ Jan 4 2017, 06:44 PM) *

Ugh, I like the work they do on FantomWorks but I hate how they always seem to go over budget and pass the bill onto the owner. My heart goes out for the owner every time. Sorry you couldn't get it done at the agreed cost, but that's not my problem! If I did that, I'd get fired. They seem to do it on every build.
Eric_Shea
The 914-6 settles in as caboose on the Ferrari train. Dave's in the white one in front of me. There's a yellow one ahead of that.

Last Sunday I was headed down to the freeway for the B-17 flight, when a couple of Ferraris went by on 13th East. I had to go play!

Click to view attachment

The B-17 ride didn't suck either! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
jmitro
that's pretty awesome!

QUOTE(flmont @ May 11 2017, 08:55 PM) *

the profit margin must be incredible for some of those builds,..1800 man hrs,..at what ever amount of $$$ because those shops are pretty sweet and all the employee's,..!!

agreed. I watched an episode on FantomWorks last night where they built a circa 1950s speedboat from scratch. Amazing! I think the bill was around $130k total
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.