Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hope you had a happy holiday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
Decided I wanted to be able to put out fires with my wife so she bought us fire extinguishers for X-mas. One for me and one for Doug's MGB.

The most beautiful thing I saw for the season was a pair of SSIs though.
In summer it was like this:
Click to view attachment

But now it is skimming zero every now and then so it is the 911 engine I have spent time on in the car haven. I am almost run out of parts now. Only the clutch to bolt on and it is ready to go back in. This is a mid-process shot before the SSIs went on.

Click to view attachment

Of course it has thawed a bit now and then. Still this is a window in the house with the moon shining through.
Click to view attachment

That ain't rain, and yes it is with the storm window in place. Hope Mark is adapting well over in Michigan.
worn
I know it isn't teener news, but It started! The 911 rebuild ran through the 20 minute cam break in! Melting a dryer hose out the window as it did so. Still not quite spring here. Now I find I need to rebuild calipers all around and then I can drive. I guess I also need to fix the leak at the right side cam cover too...

But I may have all my cars actually drivable by summer. Fingers crossed.
worn
QUOTE(worn @ Mar 24 2017, 10:46 AM) *

I know it isn't teener news, but It started! The 911 rebuild ran through the 20 minute cam break in! Melting a dryer hose out the window as it did so. Still not quite spring here. Now I find I need to rebuild calipers all around and then I can drive. I guess I also need to fix the leak at the right side cam cover too...

But I may have all my cars actually drivable by summer. Fingers crossed.

I seem to be the only one posting to my own thread. Probably cause of the flagrant 9 eleben content.

It is spring, warm, AND I drove the 911. I was going to drive it to the Rt 66 Classic in 2014 when I found the head studs broken. I was worried I would never get it back on the road again. But on the road it went.

Project creep delayed things. Frozen calipers on all 4 wheels - then the front wheel bearings.
76-914
Just in time for Rt66 2017! Hurry, hurry! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.