Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Backspacing Check Please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
I see these wheels online and want want want....

Distributor says backspacing is 3.9".....will these fit or are these the VW variation and will widen the track? thx

Click to view attachment
anderssj
Saw these on Tire Rack's site--they list the Enkei's offset as 17mm so I think that's in the 1970s VW beetle's ballpark. Compared to OEM pedrini/mahle/fuchs offset (IIRC 42mm), these would move the wheel's centerline out about an inch . . . .

Hope this helps!

Steve A-
Tom_T
Gary,

The stock wheels for 914 are an ET40 offset, ask the seller if these wheels are ET40 (40mm).

If not, there are other wheels makers who make this style of Mininlite Repro out there with the proper offset, just look in Hemmings Sports & Exotics, Classic Motor Sports, PCA Panorama, Excellence, etc. for their ads.

There are also occasionally sellers of the original `70's Minilites for 914 offset on here, evil-bay, etc.

FYI - if you have a stock narrow body (i.e.: not rolled wheel wells/fenders), the VW or non-914 offset will push the wheels out too close to the fender/lip, & you may be limited n tires that will fit properly. If narrow body stock, then your better off to stick with the ET40 wheels without spacers.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.