Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Stainless header for 4 cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bretth
Looking for 4 cylinder stainless, equal length 4 into 1 collector header. I know OBX did make a stainless header like this but the fit was terrible. I would be able to modify an OBX myself. Just don't want to create one from scratch. Let me know.

Brett
bretth
icon_bump.gif Still looking. Anyone have an old OBX 4 into 1 or similar in stainless?

Brett
Mark Henry
The OBX is a very poorly made total rip-off of a MSDS header. I wouldn't own one for that reason alone.

Even if you can weld... good luck, they're a real shit show. And BTW the flanges on them are all shit.

Really, if you want to make your own buy a bunch of bends and start from scratch.

Or better yet support a member and bolt it on.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=303524

bye1.gif
bretth
While making my own would be cool. I would have to get a nice TIG machine and chop saw too. Would just be easier to modify another. Those coated headers do look awesome though.
jd74914
I have a Tangerine Racing header that the previous owner cut in a few places. It's an easy fix (or I can TIG back together too). If you're interested let me know and I'll grab some pictures and come up with a price (much less than a new Tangerine). It's not stainless though.
bretth
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jan 28 2017, 08:33 AM) *

I have a Tangerine Racing header that the previous owner cut in a few places. It's an easy fix (or I can TIG back together too). If you're interested let me know and I'll grab some pictures and come up with a price (much less than a new Tangerine). It's not stainless though.

PM sent.
bretth
Giving one last bump, otherwise I gotta make my own.
Mark Henry
If you can wait Marty does a 914world members only sale about once a year. You just have to watch the classifieds for it.
Really I could make my own headers, even make them out of stainless as I have a TIG, but by the time you buy the box of snakes it's not worth my time.

I know this for a fact because I have used Marty's headers before and I've made several sets of headers for custom apps like T4 into 356 kit cars. I won't even make a custom header for less than $1200.
So me it's false economy to save what? maybe $200?

There's not a single weld on those primary pipes, let's se you do that. Plus the collectors are excellent and Marty's welds are damn near perfect.
BTW I have no dog in this fight I just know what makes a good header.

IPB Image
mepstein
MSDS does give a 914world discount. MSDS, tangerine, you can't go wrong buying quality.
bretth
Yeah i wanted the OBXs because each tube appears to be one piece. Figured i would alter them for equal length, add a better collector and stub pipes. If i make myself from scratch would be many more pieces to weld.
914forme
OBX is pure crap, I would purchase the Tangerine that was cut up, weld it up and be done. The Tangerine is the best header you can purchase, after that I would go with MSDS a Marty's stuff is very good also.
7TPorsh
Contact Marty at MSDS...really no other way to go...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.