Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Wheel Hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PCA7GGR
I've got several "early" and "late" steering wheel hubs.

Let me know if you need either. Also, I would appreciate it if someone could let me know which is considered
- early ('70-'71?) and which is considered "late" ('72-'75)

and what hub attachment
- with wire prong
- without wire prong
goes with which hub. Thanks
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
euro911
I believe late is considered 73 and up
mepstein
Wire prong -late
Metal cancel tab on hub - early
Late is actually '72 and later. Changes from 10 to 11 on end of part number on steering wheel and goes from flat to a bevel on the face. Early fits 911's without mods.
PCA7GGR
Great - so which hub (deep vs shallow) goes with which? Thanks
mepstein
Early Flat hub wheel, ends with 10 - metal tang on hub- no wire prong
Late dished hub wheel, ends with 11- plastic cancel tang on hub- wire prong for horn wire.
PCA7GGR
So if I've got this right:

- deep hub with steel signal cancel tang and hub without tang for wire
Early '70-'71 with ".10" steering wheel

-short hub with brass horn contact/plastic signal cancel tang and hub with tang for wire:
'72-'76 with ".11" steering wheel

Thanks all for your helpful input.
mepstein
OMG.
socal1200r
So from reading another thread about steering wheel adapters, one guy got his Grant steering wheel to fit by removing the stock steering wheel hub then drilling it out to fit the Grant wheel. So basically the Grant wheel was bolted to the hub, then the hub was fit over the splines and secured with the large nut?

If that's the case, then one of those hubs should work as an adapter for my '73, most likely the shallow one?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.