Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 1.7/1.8 fuel filter aftermarket part number
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doug_b_928
Nothing comes up for the 73 1.7/1.8 fuel filter at FLAPS. I also gave them the VW part number 311 133 511 D and that also turned up nothing. Pelican has it but I'm in Canada and the shipping etc. would not be worth it for just this part. Is there another part number that I can give the FLAPS for Bosch or Mahle that will work?
doug_b_928
On The Bird website the pic for the filter is Mahle KL11 14W33. However, when I put it in my cart the image is KL11 07W50. Does anyone know if either of these numbers will get me the correct fuel filter? I'd normally just order this small part with a larger order to make the 40+USD shipping fee worth while but don't want to purchase anything else for a while so am trying to get this part locally.
cary
Click to view attachment
doug_b_928
Thanks very much, Cary. I didn't realize that it is 12mm on one end. My pump and filter were relocated to the front. I don't have the old filter handy (it's on the farm 5 hours round trip away). I suppose it's possible that a different sized inlet filter was put on when that change was made. This raises the question, will any fuel filter work that has the correct size nipples for the 8mm/5/16" fuel line being used?
cary
I don't think it would be the 12/8mm if its up front.
Could be if its an aftermarket 2 port. This is what I run.
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk...204&jsn=358

Next question is it a 2 port or 3 port fuel pump?

Plan B .
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wix-33032/overview/
doug_b_928
Thanks again, Cary. It's the original 3 port pump. I'm actually just wanting to bench test it but thought I'd get the correct filter while I'm at it rather than buying one just for bench testing. When the pump was still in the car I'd hear it trying to prime when the ignition was turned on, so there's a chance that it might still be fine. But, I can just get a 5/16" fuel filter and line at the FLAPS for bench testing purposes, if that will work...
cary
It's not trying to prime. It's bringing the system up to pressure. Should run for 3 seconds, then shut off until you turn the ignition switch.

I'm thinking the 5/16ths and a couple new/clamps and you should be fine.
doug_b_928
I hope you're right smile.gif.
PS. I admire your threads and followed your technique for cutting out the holes in the rear trunk floor for the stock caps.
cary
Make sure you get Fuel Injection solid band clamps from Flaps.
For your bench test the 5/16ths will squeeze down to 1/4.
And with a cup of hot water the 5/16ths will soften enough to fit 3/8s.
doug_b_928
Interesting that you say that. FLAPS appears to only have 1/4" fuel filter, so, as long as it doesn't matter, I'll pick up a 1/4" fuel filter and still use 5/16" fuel line. Will do on the clamps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.