Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Engine shelf
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
arkitect
Looking for someone who has bought the passenger side engine shelf and never used it or from a parts car being cut up.

I know I can buy this part new but being the cheap scape I am, trying to find a deal.

Dave
jesse7flying
QUOTE(arkitect @ Jan 7 2017, 12:29 AM) *

Looking for someone who has bought the passenger side engine shelf and never used it or from a parts car being cut up.

I know I can buy this part new but being the cheap scape I am, trying to find a deal.

Dave

I'm in the same boat and posted a thread here recently, but it looks like there's nothing available right now.
Jesse
sixaddict
Guys :
No disparagement but when you say "cheap" for a part that is hard to come buy in good shape the interest level from sellers shrinks
substantially. When you also consider that removal is somewhat labor intensive and the part is available from RD then the logic of your strategy is questionable.
I actually have the part but it is part of a bigger piece that will be much more valuable......and junk if I remove the portion you need. Just trying to give y'all some perspective on your search.
GL though smile.gif

QUOTE(jesse7flying @ Jan 7 2017, 08:04 AM) *

QUOTE(arkitect @ Jan 7 2017, 12:29 AM) *

Dave

I'm in the same boat and posted a thread here recently, but it looks like there's nothing available right now.
Jesse

mepstein
agree.gif it's a bitch to remove to try to keep it in one piece. Not worth my time.
arkitect
I knew it was a long shot. Recently seen someone in the process of cutting one up. He did a lot work cutting up parts to the demand of the buyers. It would have been possible but my timing was off.

I have even had a parts car that I could have cut up to get that part but didn't want to leave the car in more damage in case of the next owner wanting to restore.

And you are right, it is a lot of work. Maybe if I can find someone locally who has started cutting one up that I can go to their site and cut it off myself to save them the work and pay for the part. idea.gif

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.