Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rich johnson's linkage Infor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Does anyone have a link to Rich Johnson's 6 conversion linkage kit? I have the pieces but have missplaced the install diagrams etc. / tap sizes and locations etc? Please pm me asap if you have anything to keep me up on the lift today. thanks
mepstein
It should just bolt on. No tap needed.
porschetub
Thought there was a bolt to be tapped into the gearbox,8mm was what I did but I didn't use a bracket,mounted my cable holder on the clutch roller bracket.
Pic shows bolt on RJ's kit.
Click to view attachment
Drill this hole in the casing with caution and makes sure you don't drill too deep,good luck.
914Sixer
Unless the transmission is a early tailshifter the hole is not tapped. Thinking only the 1970 and may be early 1971 had hole with bolt installed.
mepstein
I thought rich's kit could be bolted on to the trans with the black adapter. Otherwise you might as well just tap the trans intermediate plate and use the bellcrank without the adaptor. Might as well ask rich and get the facts.
Steve
Mine was bolt on, but I had to modify it for the current 915 trans.
mepstein
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 7 2017, 06:10 PM) *

I had Dr Evil install a 911 intermediate plate so the bellcrank could bolt in like a 914-6 trans. I also got a 2nd one from rich for my 2nd 914-6/915 trans conversion. He makes a great product.
shoguneagle
I have Rich's accelerator kit on my late 914 transaxle; it had a drilled port and stud installation for the rear mounting; two other studs on the right side where used to mount the front half; do not have any information available now; etc.

Contact Rich and he may send you the information; if needed, I can measure the stud, where it is located, drill size, etc.
mlindner
I have Rich's bellcrank set up. Also had to call Rich as to install, drilled, tapped....very easy, very prompt...Rich is the best. Mark
mlindner
Just a picture of it mounted. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
There's a round casting boss right where it should be drilled and tapped. I'd recommend NOT trying to do that by hand. I like to use a longer stud for the side cover.
flmont
these kits still avaliable...?? for a 76' 901
mepstein
QUOTE(flmont @ Jan 8 2017, 04:31 PM) *

these kits still avaliable...?? for a 76' 901

Yes. Contact rich. A914Guy@aol.com
He makes other 914-6 conversion parts as well.
Steve
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 7 2017, 03:10 PM) *

I was wrong. Otto's installed a billet plate for the 901 that already had the hole. This was Otto's kit. I do not know where he sourced it from.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.