Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Actuating Arm Rubber Seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
Looks like Mark at 914rubber is interested in reproducing these ... anybody else besides me interested in a pair? (or more)?

IPB Image

These are mounted in the headlight bucket area, at the arm brush assemblies and assist with keeping water out of the front trunk.

Click to view attachment

I'm in for 2 pair ...

idea.gif
bandjoey
Picture mounted please. I can't think of where is would go.
Gunn1
I cant seem to remember but I dont think my 71' had rubber seals. It actually had a set of bristle's, one on the left side and one on the right side of each headlight assy lift arm. Not sure but it may have had a rubber membrane behind the bristles, but don't think so.
Mikey914
I think there was a metal part that was somehow incorporated or mounted with this. Anyone have a picture. I only have late cars.
euro911
Mark, I'll include the metal piece for you to look at when I send you the seal.

I haven't looked at the '75 yet ... these were on the '71. I didn't know about them until I removed the headlight assemblies, prepping the car for body work and paint.

EDIT: I'll reinstall the brush assembly, the clamp and seal and snap a pic tomorrow ...
mepstein
This is a pair from an early car.
Chris914n6
I've had a 72, 73, 74, and 2x 75. Bristles yes but no rubber sheet confused24.gif
Mikey914
My 75 had the brushes.
Garland
More:Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
euro911
Thanks for posting the pix, John ... saved me some time biggrin.gif
porbmw
I'd be in for a couple of pairs.... beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 8 2017, 12:03 AM) *

I've had a 72, 73, 74, and 2x 75. Bristles yes but no rubber sheet confused24.gif

I've had bristles and I think a rubber wiper but no rubber sheet. Maybe it came off?
bandjoey
my '73 and '74 didn't have this. could it be an aftermarket item? interesting though.
McMark
Metal bodies with brushes is an early car thing. Definitely 70-71, but probably some 72 as well (till they ran out of stock). I've also never seen the rubber top sheet.
Luke M
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 7 2017, 07:12 PM) *

This is a pair from an early car.

My 70 6 has the same brushes. I'd be in for a set of these early ones.
The ones I took off are all painted over and falling apart.
raynekat
The brushes themselves are not a trivial thing....either to repair or replicate. Black Forest elves obviously crafted those for Porsche back in the day. wink.gif Good luck remanufacturing those. The rubber shield easily done.....by Mark 914 Rubber.
euro911
A decent rubber seal specimen and associated metal clamp going in the mail to Mark tomorrow.

As for the brush assemblies, yeah, after the metal part was stamped out (laser-cut or water-jetted), it would require another special machine that could bend the sides over to hold the bristles in place.

I'm not expecting Mark to tackle the brush assemblies ... best to find a donor car before it goes to the scrap yard if you want a pair of them confused24.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 9 2017, 06:46 AM) *

Metal bodies with brushes is an early car thing. Definitely 70-71, but probably some 72 as well (till they ran out of stock). I've also never seen the rubber top sheet.

agree.gif

My early '72 has the "whiskers". After that Porsche used the rubber cup.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
I may be abke to replicate the brushes.
Ill at least givevit a shot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.