Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 225 BUCKS for a rear bumper top?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Ok, maybe I'm completely out of line........ Maybe someone just needs to smack the crap out of me...... but isn't $225 a lot for a rear bumper top?

I need one....... and I think I'd rather "attempt" to repair my rear bumper top with black RTV than to spend $225 on one. pissoff.gif

Any suggestions on a better place to find one? I guess thay are pretty tough to find huh?

Better yet...... anyone have one?
MarkV
I think that is the going price. icon8.gif
Demick
Hey, at least you can still buy them new - even at $225. I called the dealer once thinking maybe I could get a good deal on one using my $100 off certificate - and they quoted me $440 or so.

Someone really ought to reproduce these in fiberglass. I know the entire bumper with top is available in fiberglass, but someone ought to do just the tops. You could get pretty close to the original look with textured paints, or I think it would look good in a nice satin black. Should easily be able to do this and sell them for under $100 each. Maybe even provide a template for license plate lights so the buyer can do the cutting to save some cost on labor.

Demick
Bleyseng
Used ones go for $75-100 depending on condition. The front ones take more abuse than the rears so they are around.
Geoff
Jeffs9146
Rear Bumper Top
Bumper Top on Evil-bay

Here are a few on evil-bay

Jeff
Qarl
GPR parts - $199 all day long!

Or at least when I last checked a few months ago!
KaptKaos
GPR parts - $199 all day long!

Ok, where is GPR?

Thanks,
Joe assimilate.gif
Qarl
www.gprparts.com

Not online, but look at their ads in Excellence or Panorama.

I'm looking in the June Excellence right now.

Actually, it says... Bumper tops, thru '74 $190 each
tod914
Last time I did a purchase from Pelican, they were happy to match prices. I recall seeing them adv. as low as 190.00
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.