Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Builder with immense talent...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cracker
In light of seeing an abomination of a so called "build" recently...I had to get those visions out of my head.

I recalled seeing this true masterpiece of a build from some time ago (with a claimed 15000 hours invested in the project, and counting)! It is a spectacular car and well worth a few minutes of your time despite not being "Porsche" content.

Tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOV6xdlGl_U
Cairo94507
Amazingly talented. Cool build. Thanks for sharing.
914Sixer
Man, that is a real craftsman at work. The best part is he goes out and drives the hell out of it. driving.gif
tygaboy
Inspirational... and well timed.

I've been frustrated with my build and it's people like this who remind me that it's about the journey, not the destination.

Now you'll have to excuse me, I need to go rebody my 914 in alloy... smash.gif
Cracker
Chris - It actually might motivate me to re-assemble the front end of my car today too...its a bit "cool" in my garage (42 in / 15 out)! I plugged in the heater...

One thing I really appreciate about this build (and he mentions it) is the imperfection in certain places. The finished work around some of the vents and complex body seams are not absolutely "stamped panel" perfect - and there is nothing wrong with that!

T
cali914
Very intricate build. Love the Aluminum. one thing that he mentions that is so true projects are never completely done.
rick 918-S
Nice! beerchug.gif
My 914
I love the exhaust sound!
Mueller
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 8 2017, 05:59 AM) *

In light of seeing an abomination of a so called "build" recently...I had to get those visions out of my head.

I recalled seeing this true masterpiece of a build from some time ago (with a claimed 15000 hours invested in the project, and counting)! It is a spectacular car and well worth a few minutes of your time despite not being "Porsche" content.

Tony

Neat build, my wife walked into the garage while I was watching the video, her 1st comment was that the guy must be a retired millionaire to build that!

I countered that it took him years and years to build it.
whitetwinturbo

".............15,000 hours...."

beerchug.gif
Dion
Tony that was excellent. Thanks for sharing that.
Talk about inspirational.
Cheers,Dion
KELTY360
Did you notice that the time of the video was 9:14?
wndsnd
I was glad they revealed he was Australian. I was going to guess English, they have some fantastic craftsman still over there. I have been watching a series on Netflix recently about English Craftsmen that restore old Warbirds. Great Stuff.

Thanks Tony,

I agree with your comments about the other, but Hey, you got to start somewhere. I learn something every time I am in the shop.

flyer86d
Wow. Those who can work with aluminum amaze me. Years ago I was at Jerry McCarthy's shop in CT with the 356 Registry group. The last RS60 and the first RS61 were parked side by side and a fellow was constructing a new tail for the RS61. The sheet metal on those cars is only slightly thicker than foil but all of the curves looked like beautifully formed stamping not beaten panels. He also gas welded it! Amazing stuff.

What amazes me is that he constructed his GT40 and also tracks it! That's cool.

Charlie
sb914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jan 10 2017, 11:29 AM) *

Did you notice that the time of the video was 9:14?

Good eye! 914 I just saw that. Isn't ironic! Don't you think.
old dog
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 8 2017, 05:59 AM) *

Tony

Thank you for sharing !
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 8 2017, 08:43 AM) *

Man, that is a real craftsman at work. The best part is he goes out and drives the hell out of it. driving.gif

aktion035.gif Wish I had 1/10th of that skill for building metal work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.