Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New wiring loom
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
Having a GT build done with a 4 shell with an original 6 engine , any idea how much a wiring loom for this type of build would cost and where would be the best place to buy one
Thanks Brian
rgalla9146

1. Place a 'Want to buy' ad here and on the other Porsche sites. You might get lucky.
2. There is a company in Denmark or Belgium making high quality
replacement 914 6 harnesses. It's been discussed here.
Someone should chime in with the name. The name is Schroon or something like that.
3. Visit your bank.
4. Use a 4 cyl. harness. I think an early one might be a better choice.
You'll be on your own in the steering column/ ignition switch area if you intend
to look like an original six. 911 parts can be adapted.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 8 2017, 05:44 PM) *

The name is Schroon or something like that.

Kroon
gcrotvik
I have a Kroon 70 ROW harness being built now. The US/EU exchange rate is favorable at this time. The chassis harness is 2,800 euros. You will need to send them a core harness for the connectors. I sent them a 70 914/4 harness and that was an acceptable core.

Gerard Kroon is great to work with. Very responsive. The build time is 8 weeks but they seem to be ahead of schedule. He told me today it would be ready at the end of January.

There is a US manufacturer making them also but the general consensus was that Kroon was a better choice. The end product looks like it was just minted new from Porsche.
raynekat
I went this route.

Purchased from Aase for USD $1500 an NOS harness for a 1971 914-4 (the same year as my car) and will have some mods done to an engine wiring harness and a couple other additions/deletions to make it all work.

I'm converting from 4 cylinder to a 2.4 MFI 6 cylinder engine.

Click to view attachment

http://www.aasesales.com/collections/porsc...ucts/f1n-105381
gcrotvik
I considered buying that harness. Nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.