Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My restored 914-6 being offered at Gooding Scottsdale at NO RESERVE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
geshaghi
I thought I would keep this car forever, but alas things change. Less than 350 miles since a complete nut and bolt restoration completed in 2014. Since the car was originally shown and advertised, we have addressed most of the comments and details that were brought to my attention by members here. Being offered by Gooding & Company on January 21, 2017 at no reserve.
http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/1970-porsche-9146/
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Beautiful car- Good luck.
Tom_T
Is this George from LA PCA?

GLWTS beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
geshaghi
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 9 2017, 12:17 PM) *

GLWTS beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Hi Tom,
It's me. Hope all is well.
George
Tom_T
QUOTE(geshaghi @ Jan 9 2017, 02:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 9 2017, 12:17 PM) *

GLWTS beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Hi Tom,
It's me. Hope all is well.
George

Thanx George, all well here, just too dang busy!

For those looking, I have judged George's 914-6 a some of our Zone 8 CdE's last year, & took some pix of it at about this time last year Jan. 2016 at the Zone 8 Concours in Woodland Hills.

It was very well turned out then, so with the improvements he mentioned above, this would be a nice -6 for those looking for a completed project.

Good Luck to all sides! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
siverson
Nice car. Are we allowed to guess what it will go for? I guess... $91,462.00

-Steve
Tom_T
Well, please do let us know how it does George.

But I'm sure you'll regret it within 6 months or less! sad.gif

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
geshaghi
I know I will regret selling the car, as I don't think I'll be able to replace it with anything close at anywhere near the expected selling price. I really thought I would keep this car forever and restored it with that in mind. Personal circumstances have changed and this one, along with a few other cars, now must be sold. Thanks for the kind words.
6freak
QUOTE(geshaghi @ Jan 10 2017, 05:49 PM) *

I know I will regret selling the car, as I don't think I'll be able to replace it with anything close at anywhere near the expected selling price. I really thought I would keep this car forever and restored it with that in mind. Personal circumstances have changed and this one, along with a few other cars, now must be sold. Thanks for the kind words.

I feel the same way... Its a tough choice to make! bust of luck
smile.gif
Mueller
Very nice car, too nice for me!

Are you letting the license plate go with the car?
Cracker
Sorry to hear that you are having to let her go - beautiful car Sir! I hope all gets worked out in the end!

Tony
geshaghi
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 11 2017, 09:47 PM) *

Very nice car, too nice for me!

Are you letting the license plate go with the car?

If the buyer is in California, they will get the plate. Otherwise, I will keep it in hopes of eventually using it again.
SKL1
Saw that yesterday at Gooding. Beautiful car and MUCH nicer than the one that sold at Bonhams for 60K.

It was in a place of honour right in the middle, next to some other nice machinery!!

GLWS. I'd love to have that in my garage!!
Cracker
Good luck with the sale...I hope this helps but the "other" 914 sold for $65k (and with commissions about $71k). That car was very rough.

T
larryM
QUOTE(geshaghi @ Jan 10 2017, 05:49 PM) *

I don't think I'll be able to replace it with anything close at anywhere near the expected selling price.

quick calculation - you have a $200K "investment" here icon_bump.gif

- 1500 hrs of shop work at $100/hr, PLUS a couple large bundles of CASH in parts, tires, paint & interior - PLUS your original acquisition cost

all of us who own such /6's & have been down the same road (or are still building one) are hoping you get a terrific price! smash.gif

boxsterfan
Hope it goes for a bunch of money. In 20 years, imagine how rare that car will be.
sixaddict
went for $90K
Congrats !!!
geshaghi
One of the few cars that hit the estimate. While I was hoping for a 6-figure number, I'm satisfied with the result and feel like Gooding was the right place for the car. The buyer barely paid for the restoration and got the car for free. I hope the car is enjoyed by the new owner.
SirAndy
QUOTE(siverson @ Jan 10 2017, 05:18 PM) *
Nice car. Are we allowed to guess what it will go for? I guess... $91,462.00

smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.